Thread: Rawsie gets a job in the Knicker Factory

Cool Rawsie gets a job in the Knicker Factory

CORONATION Street bosses have rewarded teenage star Helen Flanagan with a top role.

Helen, 17, has turned her character, Rosie Webster, into a favourite of the ITV1 soap's viewers.

Now fans will see the ex-Goth get a job at the Underworld factory, where she ends up bossing about her mum Sally (Sally Whittaker).

Rosie will be personal assistant to new factory owner Carla Connor (Alison King) who takes over after the death of husband Paul in a car smash.

A Corrie source said: "This is a big step for Rosie as it moves her on from a schoolgirl into a proper mature character.

"It shows the bosses see a long-term future for Helen as an adult actress.

"She's been a huge hit in the last couple of years and viewers love her."

The insider added: " Carla will turn out to be a right bitch as a boss.

"She hates Sally and knows it will show her up if she is told what to do by her own daughter."
    Last edited by alan45; 23-05-2007 at 20:56.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

ChelseaFC (24-05-2007), tammyy2j (13-06-2007)

thats brilliant, the look on Sallys face will be priceless probably not what she had in mind for her little Rawsie.

Why did Sally spend all that money on Rosie's private education for her to become a PA in the knicker factory? What happened to the life of showbiz?

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Helen, 17, has turned her character, Rosie Webster, into a favourite of the ITV1 soap's viewers.

"She's been a huge hit in the last couple of years and viewers love her."
    Okay, I have to disagree of this bit. Should be interesting to see Sally coping with it though
    Hiro: ...but you flying man! WHOOOOSSSHHH!
    Nathan: Would you keep it down?
    Hiro: ...whooooosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamzi View Post
    Why did Sally spend all that money on Rosie's private education for her to become a PA in the knicker factory?
    exactly, i thought it was sally's dream that roise went to uni and would really pressure her into doing it.
    like Todd, for some reason a young character isn't allowed to go to university and must spend every waking second in the street they grew up in

At first I thought Rosie would have failed her exams and ended up sitting at a machine beside her mother, that would have horrified Sally. But as she is going to be working for Carla this could turn out to be a very amusing and entertaining story as Rosie may look on Carla as a role model which will enrage Sally even more.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

thats what i think will happen, it will be funnier seeing Sallys reaction to the whole thing. I think it has always been made obvious that Rawsie and Oookhill has been Sallys dream not her daughters.

Isn't she also to hook up with an older male on the street maybe its Liam they will be working together now

Thread Information