Thread: Meet the new star of the Dales

Meet the new star of the Dales

There’s no stopping those casting directors at Emmerdale. Not content with luring the likes of Patsy Kensit, Joan Collins and opera babe Katherine Jenkins oop north, they’ve just succeeded in bagging another big name, in the shape of Bafta-nominated actress Cathy Tyson.

Liverpool-born Cathy shot to fame after her 1986 film debut, playing a prostitute opposite Bob Hoskins in Mona Lisa. She gained further acclaim by playing another prostitute in Kay Mellor’s gritty TV drama Band of Gold.

The 41-year-old actress, who was once married to Corrie star Craig Charles, will play feisty single mother Andrea in Emmerdale, and makes her first appearance at the end of June. Soap bosses are keeping details of her character a secret as they want maximum impact for her arrival. But her agent confirmed: "Cathy is joining Emmerdale. It's very exciting."

Source: Daily Mirror

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kayla05 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (25-05-2007)

Soap veteran Dicken Ashworth and BAFTA-nominated actress Cathy Tyson have joined the cast of Emmerdale.

Ashworth, who has previously starred in Brookside, Coronation Street and Heartbeat, will appear as Terry's formidable father Duke.

Terry, played by Billy Hartman, brings his father to the village after watching him confront unruly teenagers on the The Jeremy Kyle Show. He thinks that the peace and quiet of the dales will do his father some good, but soon discovers that there is more to Duke than meets the eye.

Tyson, who is best known for her role in mid-nineties red light district drama Band of Gold, will play feisty single mother Andrea. Andrea is a close friend of Duke who quickly takes a shine to Terry. Their mutual attraction is certain to irritate the envious Duke.

Ashworth and Tyson will make their first appearances on screen at the end of June.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (25-05-2007)

Cathy Tyson is a great actress i wonder who she playing and how she is connected to the village

Thread Information