Thread: '24' star refused to film death scene

'24' star refused to film death scene

Former 24 star Dennis Haysbert initially refused to film scenes showing the tragic demise of his character President David Palmer in the hit real-time show.

Speaking exclusively to Digital Spy about the shock assassination of Palmer at the beginning of the fifth season, Haysbert revealed his firm stance at the time: "I just refused to do it for a great many months. Then they sent one of my friends, who's now the show's runner, and he convinced me to do it because they needed to launch the season. They said they really couldn't do it without me."

Now starring in The Unit, Haysbert also suggested that he may have made the wrong decision by succumbing to the pleas: "If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't do it."

This is one character that I think the writers of 24 made a big mistake in writing out of the show.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

totally agree with you chloe,mind you they shouldn't have killed tony or the one they killed earlier this year,but we all know that if you get to close to Jack your gonna die sooner or later,its suprising he has so many friends under the circumstances

Thread Information