Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: Maddy McCann missing in Portugal

They have got to keep going, not for them, but for the other 2 children, why disprut the kids lifes any more than it's already been.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie Wallace View Post
    They have got to keep going, not for them, but for the other 2 children, why disprut the kids lifes any more than it's already been.
    9 days after Madeleine is missing.. 2 days after the twins were in creche.. Your daughter is missing and you have been spotted jogging, and laughing with the crowd a few days later.. does that sound like they were doing it for the twins or themselves?
    Super Mod

Sounds to me like they were trying to get people's support, asking people if they saw anything. Trying to get answer's, and dragging two small children around whilst you do that is not the best idea

Trying to get answer's, and dragging two small children around whilst you do that is not the best idea
    True but they went to see the pope when there was reports of sightings in Morocco... they said they felt they were watched yet they put the kids back into the same creche and let everyone know they did...
    If it was me and one of my kids went missing, I would have the other one glued to me at all times in case they went missing too... maybe I don't know how you react in these situations having never been in that position thankfully.
    I am not accusing them of anything but I have seen some pretty weird behaviour from these two over the years.. Gerry's wider agenda was one of them when he talked about the 1st Anniversary only months after Madeleine went missing.. why?? She could have been found at any time..

My thoughts and prayers are with Madeleine.. She is the only victim in all this and sadly we may never ever know what happened to this little girl
    Super Mod

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Jessie Wallace (11-08-2009)

I don't think any us of know how we would react in a situation like this. People do act very strangely under stress. AND the papers can report things in a way that puts a different slant on things!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to moonstorm For This Useful Post:

Jessie Wallace (11-08-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post

My thoughts and prayers are with Madeleine.. She is the only victim in all this and sadly we may never ever know what happened to this little girl
    I totally agree with your posts.... the parents' behaviour has been very odd to say the least, especially in the days following her disappearance. Moreover, they dont seem to see that it was wrong leaving three children under the age of five alone at night, while they wined and dined with friends... some distance away.

Thanking the fabulous TAbbie, for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    As it should be, they've been trough enough now. They should be left alone, there guilt would be and is punishment enough. There's enough anger and ill thought in the world, surely enough is enough now
    I agree. I'm sure the parents feel enough guilt for what they did without being thrown in prison abroad and the social taking their children. I highly doubt they will do it again. They leant their lesson at a huge cost - they don't need further punishment.
    Actually, I have never heard either of them express any guilt over what they did. Quite the opposite in fact, Gerry is on record as saying that what they did was within the realms of responsible parenting. I must be damn irresponsible as a parent cos I'd never leave my children alone in a foreign apartment to go out on the lash with my mates.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joanne For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (11-08-2009), Trinity (12-08-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    As it should be, they've been trough enough now. They should be left alone, there guilt would be and is punishment enough. There's enough anger and ill thought in the world, surely enough is enough now
    I agree. I'm sure the parents feel enough guilt for what they did without being thrown in prison abroad and the social taking their children. I highly doubt they will do it again. They leant their lesson at a huge cost - they don't need further punishment.
    Actually, I have never heard either of them express any guilt over what they did. Quite the opposite in fact, Gerry is on record as saying that what they did was within the realms of responsible parenting. I must be damn irresponsible as a parent cos I'd never leave my children alone in a foreign apartment to go out on the lash with my mates.
    I know it is amazing how Gerry has said that!

The distance they left them was tiny, the same as the garden to house, and no i don't have a big garden. There are far worse crimes that get far less coverage and attack than this seems to get. Maybe it's just me, i don't know.
    I'm gunna stop now, coz i feel we just going round in circles now, and i'm not very good at expressing what i actually mean
    Last edited by Jessie Wallace; 11-08-2009 at 22:03.

The distance they left them was tiny, the same as the garden to house, and no i don't have a big garden. There are far worse crimes that get far less coverage and attack than this seems to get. Maybe it's just me, i don't know.
    I'm gunna stop now, coz i feel we just going round in circles now, and i'm not very good at expressing what i actually mean
    They were 200 yards away from the apartment, which was unlocked, and was not visible to them... hardly the same thing as being in your garden entertaining, and your kids being upstairs.

There are worse crimes, though child neglect is pretty bad in my books, but the McCanns have sought to keep this in the media... hence the coverage.
    Last edited by Pinkbanana; 11-08-2009 at 22:53.

Thanking the fabulous TAbbie, for the banner!

Thread Information