Thread: Coronation Street may drop baby abduction plot

Coronation Street may drop baby abduction plot

Not really sure where to put this as it contains a bit of a spoiler so hope it's ok here.

Coronation Street producers may rewrite the Freddie Peacock kidnap storyline following the abduction of three-year-old Madeleine McCann in Portugal last week.

Freddie was originally meant to go missing in late May, abducted by his mother Claire's disturbed friend, Casey.

But after Maddy was snatched in Portugal's Algarve last Thursday, and still remains missing, Coronation Street producers are preparing to drop their storyline.

A spokesperson said: ""We are aware that there are some similarities in a future Coronation Street storyline to the events surrounding the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

"We would not wish to add to the family’s anguish at this terrible time and we are currently reviewing our storyline including episodes which have already been filmed."

Thanks To Vicky For My Fab Banner!!!

I guess its hard for them to know whats the right thing to do

Yes it is very difficult but some storyline somewhere is going to effect someone somewhere at the end of the day...
    Last edited by Babe14; 09-05-2007 at 08:44.

A Very Sexy and Brilliant Actor

Quote Originally Posted by Babe14 View Post
    Yes it is very difficult but some storyline somewhere is going to effect someone somewhere at the end of the day...
    I agree but I think this is a very sensitive one and its just too soon to do a storyline which is in any way similar to the tragic one in Portugal.

My heart goes out to Maddy's Family and I hope the events have a happy ending. I think we should all pray to whatever God we believe in that this little child will be released safe and well into the care of her loving family.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

i understand why they are thinking of pulling it but i dont think its a good idea. Its raises awarness for things like this and we need this sort of thing to make the public more aware of how the police deal with things and it may also help.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Luna For This Useful Post:

Bryan (09-05-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
    i understand why they are thinking of pulling it but i dont think its a good idea. Its raises awarness for things like this and we need this sort of thing to make the public more aware of how the police deal with things and it may also help.
    Normally I would agree but I think in this case its just too soon and the family here and in Portugal must be going through absolute hell. I know that Corrie will deal sensitively with this storyline and it was planned long ago but I think it will touch too many raw nerves at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Normally I would agree but I think in this case its just too soon and the family here and in Portugal must be going through absolute hell. I know that Corrie will deal sensitively with this storyline and it was planned long ago but I think it will touch too many raw nerves at this time.

yeah i agree with what your saying but maybe just putting it off for a couple of months would be better than actually axing the whole storyline

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post

yeah i agree with what your saying but maybe just putting it off for a couple of months would be better than actually axing the whole storyline
    That to me would be the most sensible thing

I think they would make the right decision to wait a while to do the storyline and I do think it would make a good storyline but like many of you have said it is a sensitive issue

i think your right Alan dropping it now would make a lot of sense its far to close for comfort to the events going on in the Algarve at the minute for it to Air now. I remember reading something simular happened along time ago when there was a kidnapping or a disapperence in Blackpool and Corrie had planned a nearly identical one with Rosie Webster. They felt then that it was too simular and would be upsetting to many people. I think axing it for the time being is the best idea.

Thread Information