Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost drama to carry on until 2010

Lost drama to carry on until 2010

There will be three more series of Emmy-winning TV show Lost before it finally ends in 2010.
    A "highly-anticipated and shocking finale" is being planned by TV network ABC, which acknowledged viewers may drift away unless the drama concludes.

Each series will be 16 episodes with no mid-season break, following complaints the last series was divided in two.

The desert-island programme, which stars Evangeline Lilly and Matthew Fox, follows the survivors of a plane crash.

They are stranded in a mysterious location and must come to terms with the other inhabitants of the island as well as the isolation of their new home.

'Deserved' ending

"Due to the unique nature of the series, we knew it would require an end date to keep the integrity and strength of the show consistent throughout and to give the audience the pay-off they deserve," said Stephen McPherson, the president of ABC Entertainment.

Two of the people responsible for the programme - executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse - have agreed to remain until the end of the run.

They said in a joint statement that they had always thought of Lost as a show "with a beginning, middle and end", and hoped fans would be happy knowing that it would now "play out as we've intended".

Lost was once watched by more than 20 million viewers each week in the US.

However, the most recent series drew audiences of about 12 million in its Wednesday evening timeslot.

Viewing figures in the UK have also slipped since it moved to Sky from Channel 4.

SBBB - Next Clue - Goo'day mate, close your door on the way out.
    Last edited by Bryan; 27-06-2009 at 10:22.

wooo hang about 16 episode series!? what's going on there!

still at least we have a finish date and 3 more seasons of it...wooo

Quote Originally Posted by bondboffin View Post
    wooo hang about 16 episode series!? what's going on there!

still at least we have a finish date and 3 more seasons of it...wooo
    16 suits me fine if we have 3 more years and a conclusion!!! I don't want it to end but I want to know what the heck is going on
    Super Mod

From Digital Spy:

Lost will come to an end in three years' time, producers have announced.

The deal with US network ABC is for three further seasons, each of sixteen episodes, culminating with the series finale in 2010.

The news essentially marks a compromise between production and the network: the former having been keen to set an end date to ensure quality of story, with ABC wanting to keep the ratings powerhouse a part of its schedules for as long as possible.

With shortened seasons - a Lost season normally runs to 23 or 24 episodes - the actors involved also have time to pursue other projects alongside their Lost duties.

"In considering the powerful storytelling of Lost, we felt this was the only way to give it a proper creative conclusion," said Stephen McPherson, president of ABC Entertainment. "I always said that we would allow the series to grow and give viewers the most compelling hour possible. And, due to the unique nature of the series, we knew it would require an end date to keep the integrity and strength of the show consistent throughout, and to give the audience the payoff they deserve."

As part of the deal, showrunners Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse have signed on for the remainder of Lost's run. "We always envisioned Lost as a show with a beginning, middle and end," the pair said in a statement. "By officially announcing exactly when that ending will be, the audience will now have the security of knowing that the story will play out as we've intended."

It's a great idea that the they don't have a mid-series break. Three more years whooo

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

But the time gap between the seasons is ridiculous. I don't mind 24 episodes per season with 'filler' episodes. Nice to see there will be a conclusion though - they have so many strands to wrap up!

Okay I think thats a great idea, yay three more years but only 16 episodes!!!!

im glad they have said when its due to end because so many people were asking me lol Its good to have a time frame and then atleast we know we're going to get answers

Lol same here at school everyone asks me about lost, I will be very sad when it ends though

I don't have Sky I've been upset for the past year
    Does anyone know if it will be on Sky 3 in the future? I have that

Thread Information