Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ITV to drop One Episode of The Bill per week

i love the bill and dont want to see it go to one night a week, but if it does they better hadnt fill the space with drivel like emmerdale or corrie.tv is soap obsessed enough as it is. fill it with some quality instead.
    POOKIE

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Personally I like the way the Bill is going at the minute. I like the way some of the stories are spread out over a series of episodes. They have great actors on the show who they should make more use of instead of trying to attract viewers with the nonentity that is Lousia Lytton. They have enough people with talent already.
    I agree, alan. I think The Bill manages to keep a very high level of consistency with some good storylines. I imagine the reason viewing figures are down is partly due to the fact the way it gets mucked about in the viewing schedules. Why anyone should think that Louisa Lytton is the answer to falling numbers is completely beyond me. Maybe she gets murdered in her first episode...that might help push up viewing figures.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Personally I like the way the Bill is going at the minute. I like the way some of the stories are spread out over a series of episodes. They have great actors on the show who they should make more use of instead of trying to attract viewers with the nonentity that is Lousia Lytton. They have enough people with talent already.
    I agree, alan. I think The Bill manages to keep a very high level of consistency with some good storylines. I imagine the reason viewing figures are down is partly due to the fact the way it gets mucked about in the viewing schedules. Why anyone should think that Louisa Lytton is the answer to falling numbers is completely beyond me. Maybe she gets murdered in her first episode...that might help push up viewing figures.
    I'm with you both on that. Over the past year there have been some great storylines - Zain/Kristen, Amy Tennant (although it did drag a bit, good viewing when they found her though) and the recently concluded Emma/Matt. I think it's good to have a long running storyline, like the Zain one, to keep viewers interested and make them tune in every episode.

There are a few weeks where the episodes and storylines are pretty boring but you can't have brill storylines every single week with lots of drama and suspicion because it'll just get boring.

I think it's because Holby City is going out now on Thur. Night, that new Holby one is on Tue. and it wont put the Bill against Holby.

I dont think thats anything to do with it. People will choose which one to watch live and either record the other or watch the repeats on BBC or ITV
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Holby is only going to be on on a Thursday for 8 weeks then it'l be going back to it's usual slot. I'll watch Holby on Thursday and TB on Tuesday on ITV3.
    Talking of ITV3, are there any plans to keep or scrap the repeats on Mondays & Tuesdays at 8pm?
    Wrong thread, but is Holby repeated any other time except during early hours of Saturday morning?
    Last edited by Abigail; 09-05-2007 at 14:43.

if they didn't keep rescheduling the bill for football it would help! the bill has had some great storyline's recently but if they really think that's the problem they need to get new story's not change the amount of time it is on!

from digital spy:

ITV: "No plans" to cut back on 'The Bill'

Contrary to tabloid reports last week, ITV has denied that there are any plans to slash The Bill to just one episode a week.

The police drama, which is currently broadcast on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8pm, has seen its ratings drop to five million as well as losing a number of long-running stars, including Trudie Goodwin who, until recently, played Sergeant June Ackland since the show's pilot episode in 1983.

However, former EastEnders actress Louisa Lytton - who played Walford's Ruby Allen - joined the cast earlier in the year in a bid to boost the show's flagging fortunes, while ex-Hollyoaks actress Ali Bastian also landed a role in the ITV police drama after quitting the Chester-based soap after five years as troubled teacher, Becca Dean.

Despite the newspaper claiming that the broadcaster is "getting a bit bored" of the long-running programme, an ITV spokeswoman today dismissed the allegations.

She told DS: "There are currently no plans to reduce the number of episodes of The Bill to one per week. The Bill will, however, inevitably lose some episodes during the year due to ITV's other scheduling commitments such as major sporting events."

Sorry but I cant see Louisa Lytton boosting the viewing figures. She doesnt look old enough to be a Police Cadet even
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

I hope the papers have got it wrong,i enjoy the bill,i also think their writers do a better job than the writers for EE and corrie.

Thread Information