Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BBC scraps 'Doctor Who' for 'Eurovision'

BBC scraps 'Doctor Who' for 'Eurovision'

The BBC has postponed an episode of Doctor Who on Saturday, May 12, citing that night’s Eurovision Song Contest as the reason. However, it is believed that talent show Any Dream Will Do has escaped the cut and will still be shown.

Coverage of the Eurovision Song Contest is scheduled to begin at 8pm, meaning that the BBC would have to screen its regular Saturday night line-up much earlier to accommodate the annual event. In the end, the corporation opted to postpone Doctor Who rather than show it in a much earlier time slot as has been the case recently.

The Doctor Who episode, entitled ‘42’ and guest-starring Michelle Collins, will now be shown the following week on Saturday, May 19 at an unspecified time.

The BBC has faced much criticism from fans of Doctor Who for its erratic scheduling of the third season. Closely linked to a fixed 7pm Saturday evening time slot during the previous two years, the family drama has been bounced around the schedules in the last month, often being screened earlier and confounding many viewers in the process.

I thought they would have kept Doctor Who, and postponed Any Dream Will Do for one week, as when would the results for Any Dream Will do be on if Eurovision is standing in the way of the schedules? As Eurovision usually runs from 8pm - 11pm.

Doctor Who has been messed about a little bit in the schedules since the 3rd series started, but it is still getting good figures which is good, i wish it was kept in that 7pm slot all the time though.

I have an idea, why dont they scrap Eurovision. Solve all the problems. Does any one actually enjoy the contest apart from terry wogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    I have an idea, why dont they scrap Eurovision. Solve all the problems. Does any one actually enjoy the contest apart from terry wogan.
    Thats a pretty good idea, I don't enjoy watching it.
    Sorry Katy i have to say this 1-0!!!!!!!

Thanks To Vicky For My Fab Banner!!!

It annoys me the way schedules get revamped for stuff like Eurovision - Leave the good programmes alone and get rid of the toot - like Eurovision - as its been said does anyone really enjoy watching it.

At least it looks like we'll have Captain Jack back!

Can't Rupert Murdoch not buy the rights to eurovision and do us all a favour, why is it always the good programmes that have to suffer. DR Who was threatened with being cancelled a few weeks ago because of the football now this. The only consolation is that Captain Jack is back in two weeks

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Well it was obvious that one program was going to pay the price. And at least we got to see alot more of the stuff thats coming up which looks really good

At least they're going to keep it to 7 after that week. It gets annoying when it boomerangs backwards and forwards constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'Brien View Post
    Can't Rupert Murdoch not buy the rights to eurovision and do us all a favour, why is it always the good programmes that have to suffer. DR Who was threatened with being cancelled a few weeks ago because of the football now this. The only consolation is that Captain Jack is back in two weeks

I know!! Isnt it great!i am really annoyed at the bbc for the eurovision song contest!I mean its all a big scham one big set up!grr
    i will be glad to see jack back on screen My Mum said its a waste him being gay don't know if anyone here agrees but there you go

Thread Information