Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with text transparency

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie Wallace View Post
    explain exactly what your trying to do?
    Is it that you want the inside of your text so that you can see the picture behind it?
    sorry i was gonna reply sooner but me dad turfed me of the computer lol,
    id like it to turn out how my actual signature is where you cant see a white background behind the text, but if you look at my banner in the 1 st post of ophelia that has white behind the text

take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time

Ok is it this :-

This is what you want

But this is what you get

Last edited by Jessie Wallace; 20-04-2007 at 23:50. Reason: Posted wrong image!

Quote Originally Posted by Xx-Vicky-xX View Post
    Im going to try a theory i have, i doubt it will work but worth testing

edit: is this what you meant?

yeah it is vicky, how do you do it? lol

and no thats not what i want dawn as yo can still see the white, sorry lol im a pain
    Last edited by samantha nixon; 20-04-2007 at 23:50.

take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time

Quote Originally Posted by samantha nixon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xx-Vicky-xX View Post
    Im going to try a theory i have, i doubt it will work but worth testing

edit: is this what you meant?

yeah it is vicky, how do you do it? lol

and no thats not what i want dawn as yo can still see the white, sorry lol im a pain
    well i dont know how to explain it cos i dont use paint shop pro but if you wanted to send me the pics you want i could do it for you

Sig dedicated to Charley

Ok, hope you get it sorted then hun, coz i still don't get it, i can't see a difference in the top two pictures really! lol

Vicky that isnt what i want lol, it just looked like it cos it was on a white background,
    and im trying to cap it to show you the difference lol but stupid photobucket is taking yonks to load and my prnt screen button wont work
    thanks for your help anyway guys

Sorry we couldn't be of more help, i really thought i'd got it with that last one, but never mind.

I dont have PSP, but i think its to do with the format you save it in.

I'm guessing you're saving it as a GIF. When you export it, there should be an option to save it as "Index Transparency", whereas at the minute, it would say something like "No Transparency". No transparency means the stuff you've set as being transparent, will automatically go white. Select Index Transparency, and set the colour to transparent, and it should work.

Never know, might work. If you've got the background on your actual banner as Transparent, then its got to be the way you are saving it that is the problem.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Abi For This Useful Post:

samantha nixon (21-04-2007)

i'm saving them as a JPG file and ive been making them on photoshop, im only trying the ones dawn and lea have said on psp

and dawn here is a screencap of what i mean (hope it works)

edit - the screencap has gone wrong aswell, i'm guessing your right abi and it must be how im saving it

edit 2 - just looked at the one leanne made me that works and that is a gif so maybe i need to save it as them instead
    Last edited by samantha nixon; 21-04-2007 at 00:28. Reason: forgot the pic lol

JPG files dont support transparency. Save it as a GIF, TIFF or PNG and it should work.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Abi For This Useful Post:

samantha nixon (21-04-2007)

Thread Information