Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ITV makes £20m bid for 'Neighbours'

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    I really don't like this idea one bit - Neighbours has always been on BBC and thats where it should stay IMO. Since ITV lost Home and Away, viewing figures have been back on the rise again since its been on C5. I don't want an ad break halfway through and a "Neighbours is brought to you in association with....." slogan etc. Leave it where it is Freemantle - I can't honestly see where they would fit two episodes now what with Loose Women etc during the day (not that I watch that of course ) lol and with bringing back Supermarket sweep in the afternoon.

Not a good idea imo

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jojo For This Useful Post:

Jessie Wallace (21-04-2007)

I suppose the mian is that the soap stays on our TV's but we dont want it to get ruined by changing channels

They already have 2 soaps, why do they need 3?! I might be able to understand C4 or C5 making a bid for it, but ITV? Thats just stupid, theres no where to fit it!

(Though an omnibus at the weekends might be ok!)

I would hate the adverts in the middle of it though. I like the slot it has at the minute, because it suits what is in the content of the show. But as long as its shown twice on the same day, i dont think it would make much odds to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Abi View Post
    They already have 2 soaps, why do they need 3?! I might be able to understand C4 or C5 making a bid for it, but ITV? Thats just stupid, theres no where to fit it!
    I know what you mean, I think ITV only want it to be greedy

I would like it to stay on BBC1. I would hate the adverts in the middle, and also I don't think they would show it twice a day like BBC1 does.
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

BBC close to losing 'Neighbours

The BBC could be about to withdraw from negotiations for Australian soap Neighbours.

Last week, it was reported that rival ITV was in advanced negotiations with distributor Fremantle, and considering paying £80,000 an episode to acquire the soap. Though ITV insiders have said it could not finalise terms on additional rights, such as VOD and broadband.

The BBC has called Fremantle's demands "unrealistic and greedy", after its offer of around £70,000 an episode was rejected. The BBC currently pays £25,000 an episode for the soap.

BBC director of acquisitions George McGhee told Broadcast: "If a deal is not reached in the very, very near future, we will withdraw the money and move it elsewhere. We quite possibly will [move it by the end of this week]."

Five, owned by German media giant RTL which also owns Fremantle, is also believed to interested in acquiring the programme.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

£45,000.00 pay rise and they rejected it ***thinks sky may have something to do with this since they bought shares in ITV a few months ago*** looks like it could be going to ITV people

If it does move to ITV it will be the bigest mistake ever. they re re-vamping the show in Oz because of dwindling viewers well they are going to have a similar problem if they move it to ITV.

Its not looking good guys,its not looking good at all

Apparently the Beeb offered to pay £75,000 per episode but freemantle knocked it back. If an agreement can't be resolved airing of the programme can end as early as next week.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information