Thread: Joe McFadden joins 'Heartbeat' cast

Joe McFadden joins 'Heartbeat' cast

Scottish actor Joe McFadden is to replace Jonathan Kerrigan as the lead policeman in the next series of Heartbeat.

The 31-year-old will star as Joe Mason, a policeman who causes a stir in Aidensfield with his individual approach towards crime prevention.

He will cause a stir in the 1960s Yorkshire village of Aidensfield as Joe Mason, a cop who sets his own rules in a way which does not sit well with those around him.

McFadden, who will film his first scenes in May, said: "Heartbeat is a great show and I'm really looking forward to playing the new cop.

"I got to know Yorkshire whilst working on Sparkhouse and really love it, so I can't wait to get there and start filming in the beautiful countryside."

Mason has previously appeared in TV dramas including Sparkhouse, The Trouble with Men and Women and Sex, Chips & Rock N' Roll.

Jonathan Kerrigan has played PC Rob Walker since 2004, but has decided to leave the show at the end of its current series.

He said: "I've loved every minute of working on Heartbeat but I feel that the time is right to move on to pursue new projects.

"I did three series of Mersey Beat, three series of Casualty, and have done three series of Heartbeat, so three seems to be my lucky number."
    Last edited by Footie_Chick; 19-04-2007 at 14:26.

Thanks To Vicky For My Fab Banner!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Footie_Chick For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (20-04-2007)

Joe Mason.. didn't he kill pauline in EE
    Super Mod

Two Heartbeat Stars To Leave

Two Heartbeat PCs are quitting the long-running show.

Mark Jordon, PC Phil Bellamy, has been working the beat on the ITV drama since it started 16 years ago. Jonathan Kerrigan has played PC Rob Walker for three.

Jordan said he has enjoyed his stretch. "I will leave with brilliant memories and fantastic friends," he explained. "As well as acting, I've been producing and directing, and feel the time is right to develop this side of my career."

Archie Tait, a producer on the show, said Jordan would leave at the start of the next, 17th, series and Kerrigan at the end of the current run. Tait commented: "Mark's exit storyline has not been confirmed, but there is plenty of drama ahead for Bellamy before his departure."

Kerrigan said: "I've loved every minute but I feel that the time is right to move on."

His character will be replaced by Joe Mason, played by Joe McFadden.

Thanks To Vicky For My Fab Banner!!!

I love joe mcfadden i have since he was in take the high road......oh how i miss that show

I love Joseph McFadden acting this is a great cast addition for Heartbeat. I wonder who will join the cast a love interest? I love to see him and Sarah Smart or Gillian Kearney team up together again.

Can't believe Bellamy is leaving after all these years. I always thought he would end up in charge, wonder what will happen between him and Gina now.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information