Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rupert Hill Will Leave Corrie

Rupert Hill Will Leave Corrie

Coronation Street actor Rupert Hill is to is to bow out of the ITV soap at the end of his current contract, Digital Spy can confirm.

The 27-year-old actor, who plays Jamie Baldwin in the Manchester-based soap, is said to be leaving in order to pursue other acting opportunities.

A spokesperson for the soap today told DS: "Rupert has indicated to the producers that he intends to leave the show at the end of his current contract but the length of this contract means that he will remain with the show until about this time next year."

Back in February, programme makers Granada denied a tabloid article which claimed that co-star and rumoured off-screen love interest Jenny Platt had also quit.

The news of his departure comes only a week after the shock announcement that Tina O'Brien will leave the show at Christmas.

Bradley Walsh, meanwhile, will return to Weatherfield as former-factory boss Danny Baldwin toward the end of the year.

Taken From Digital Spy.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DaVeyWaVey For This Useful Post:

bakedbean (16-04-2007), cathy1978 (16-04-2007), Chloe O'brien (17-04-2007), tammyy2j (16-04-2007)

*Que the song, Queen - Another one bites the dust!*

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie Wallace View Post
    Lol!

Jamie has been a bit of a spare part since the whole Framie storyline finished, so no wonder why he's leaving. I hope Corrie gives him something to work with over the last 12 months he has left on the show.

Unlike Eastenders, when a character leaves the producers replace them with equally good or better characters

Sad to hear that Rupert will be leaving, hes a good actor and Jamie has been a good character at times, just a shame he has no family nor love intrests to bounce off and give him some good material to work with. Hope that he might come back at some point if Frankie was ever to return to the Steet...

Yeah it goes like that when they can't interact with someone. It only worked with Craig staying once all his family had gone due to bringing in his grandad and the fact that he already have Rosie.

Thanks To Vicky For My Fab Banner!!!

I agree, it's a shame that he leaving as i quite like his character.

It is an excellent song Dawn, but may I refer you to this post.

No loss really, apart from being the end of the Baldwin name after over 30 years. Not a great fan of his but he was better than Adam Barlow.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Richie_lecturer For This Useful Post:

Bryan (16-04-2007)

Ritchie hun, i know all that, but i still prefer my EE to Corrie. And it's still another person leaveing Corrie. It's meant as sarcasum, not an attack at the show!!!!!

Well i suppose he will be involved heavily with Dannys return, and i think that he will leave with Violet???

Ritchie hun, i know all that, but i still prefer my EE to Corrie. And it's still another person leaveing Corrie. It's meant as sarcasum, not an attack at the show!!!!!
    I know love, it's just good friendly banter. I'm sure there will be a few leaving EE soon anyway.

The problem with Jamie Baldwin is his acting blow between quite good (in Mike's final days), to otherwise mediocre (with the incest nonsense). He has improved since Leanne returned, but it's all a bit After the Lord Mayor's Show.

Thread Information