Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Criminal Minds - Living TV

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    My moles at Criminal Minds have just confirmed for me exclusively that disgraced cranky-pants Mandy Patinkin will be returning to the show this fall after all — but only for one episode (airing Oct. 3), so as to provide some closure for his Gideon character. Strange as that may sound, though, that isn't the really odd part: He'll only be in one scene, and he'll essentially be the only one in it.

Why? Well, duh! My spies tell me that no one in the cast wanted to work opposite him again after he brought production to a standstill by pulling a no-show without even calling in (cough, cough) sick. What's more, Minds' producers were forced to use a special crew to shoot the pariah's scene because the show's regular staff refused to be on set with him.

Except possibly to Patinkin, who seems to live in his own world, the backlash against him isn't entirely a surprise. Last month, costar Shemar Moore raked him over the coals at press tour. "I don't like that he did this the way he did this," the former soap stud said. "I don't think it's right. He left us hanging... no warning, no nothing. We all showed up to work on Day 1, and he didn't.

"He needs to take responsibility for his actions," Moore continued, "[and] just acknowledge us, because it's an ensemble, it's a team.... We just want the courtesy and the respect that we deserve. And we felt like if he had given us that initially, this would be much easier to deal with. He essentially just slapped us in the face."

As such, what will transpire in Mandy's final scene on the show? The onetime Chicago Hope firestarter gets in a car and drives away, a new bridge burning in his rearview mirror.

Preview: Joe Mantegna's Criminal Minds Debut
    by Jonathan Small

Joe Mantegna, Criminal Minds
    After months of controversy, speculation and anticipation, Joe Mantegna will finally have his Criminal Minds moment. Tonight (at 9 pm/ET, CBS) he debuts as Agent David Rossi, replacing Mandy Patinkin's Jason Gideon, whose mental meltdown caused him to bag the Behavioral Analysis Unit earlier this season.
    Like Mantegna, Rossi will hit the ground running. No sooner is the showboating founding father of the BAU called out of retirement than he's tapped to solve the "Have You Seen Me?" murders: Victims find a missing-person flier on their doors with their own photo on it before they disappear. One thing's for sure: This ain't The Starter Wife. "I've learned more about torture devices than I would ever want to know," Mantegna says.

Not that he's complaining. Mantegna calls Criminal Minds his "favorite show in the world," adding that the grim subject matter "runs completely contrary to the reality of what the atmosphere is like on set. It's the most fun-loving group."

While cast members admit to missing Patinkin, they say the addition of Mantegna will ultimately benefit the show. "There's drama and there's unnecessary drama," says Thomas Gibson (Hotch). "It's nice to have a little bit of a change." Paget Brewster (Prentiss), who joined the hit series last season, says Mantegna fits in perfectly: "The transition feels completely organic. It doesn't feel like anyone else except Joe could have come in." Only time — and the ratings — will tell if viewers agree.

So who has been watching the new series.

I know I have and I loved the opening episode with Gideons departure - at least they closed the door properly, and didn't leave it, so thank you to Mandy Pantinkin for returning to film it instead of just totally disappearing.

Hmm, Joe Mantegna...I wasn't sure at first, but I'm starting to warm to him. I was sat for ages, wondering where I knew the name from and where I knew the voice from, but why I didn't recognise the face - its Fat Tony from The Simpsons!!!! Finally figured it last night.

What a shocker last night mind - why on earth did that guy shoot Garcia, although as soon as he said, I've been wanting to do something all night Garcia, rather than calling her Penelope, I knew something was going to happen.

I hope she pulls through (I do know if she does or not - I had to find out ) - roll on next Friday!

interesting finish to the series.............................

i watched this on thursday on living and thought it was great! but then i thought the series finale was the next day which i missed? was that it for the series or is it still on? i would like to watch more of them.
    POOKIE

That was it for the current series, although they do repeats during the week and you can see earlier episodes too although I can't remember which days.

I paused and replayed, paused and replayed etc so many times, but I have seen a few things about the new series, which makes me happy in some respects although confused in others.

I love this programme though.

my husband and i have now started watching all the repeats of this programme, not even in any particular order. just recording them as we find them. we are both hooked! cant believe how brilliant the stories are, some of them are completely gripping and absorbing!
    POOKIE

Two years later - I find this show.

Was this the guy who played Gideon? Because in some episodes I see he features and in others his isn't there?

Mandy Patinkin played Gideon. He walked out of the show during the second series, I think, and was replaced by Joe Mantegna.

Carol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kayuqtuq For This Useful Post:

Trinity (04-07-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Two years later - I find this show.

Was this the guy who played Gideon? Because in some episodes I see he features and in others his isn't there?
    Gideon was in Criminal Minds until 2 series ago, when he walked. One day, he just didn't turn up for filming and when found, told them he didn't want to do it anymore, so off he went. Joe Montagna came on board and at first, I wasn't sure if I'd like him, especially as I kept hearing Fat Tony from The Simpsons He's turned into a great asset though and I prefer his character to Gideon's.

This new series is absolutely fantastic - I was panicking last night, when I honestly though MY Derek Morgan was going to be shot....

Thread Information