Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Criminal Minds - Living TV

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    As first teased in Michael Ausiello's TCA press tour diary, CBS and Criminal Minds lead Mandy Patinkin have agreed to disagree and thus part ways effective immediately, meaning that fans of the hit crime drama have seen the last of Jason Gideon.

"Mandy Patinkin asked to be released from his role on Criminal Minds. We have honored this request, which was not in any way connected to contract renegotiations or salary issues," says a statement from CBS Paramount Network Television and ABC Studios (which produces Minds). "His departure... will be explained to audiences in an episode to be filmed in the near future and broadcast early next season. We thank Mandy for helping to make Criminal Minds a strong and successful series, and we wish him the best in his future endeavors. A new character will be added to the series for next season."

A statement issued on behalf of Patinkin, in turn, reads: "Due to creative differences, Mandy has asked not to return to Criminal Minds this season. Mandy would like to thank the studios and network for releasing him from the series and he wishes the cast and crew continued success in all of their endeavors and looks forward to continuing to work with the Disney and CBS companies in other capacities in the future."

The search for Mandy Patinkin's replacement on Criminal Minds may be over.

At CBS' press-tour soiree this evening, Minds man Shemar Moore essentially confirmed what I've been hearing all day: Geena Davis has emerged as the front-runner to succeed Patinkin.

Moore, who was in a very chatty mood, also name-dropped Michael Keaton as a possible successor, but sources tell me that Keaton has officially passed.

What else did Moore have to say? Loads.

• On Patinkin's abrupt exit: "I don't like that he did this the way he did this. I don't. I don't think it's right. He left us hanging a little bit... no warning, no nothing. We all showed up to work on Day 1, and he didn't. And we've been scrambling. But we're going to be all right without him. I just feel like he needs to take responsibility for his actions… [and] just acknowledge us, because it's an ensemble, it's a team.... We just want the courtesy and the respect that we deserve. And we felt like if he had given us that initially, this would be much easier to deal with. He essentially just slapped us in the face."

• Did anyone see it coming? "We saw it coming in 1995 when he did it on Chicago Hope. Mandy's a volatile personality. He had his good days and he had his bad days. Sometimes the content of what we did would affect him more some days than others. Everybody thought he got the breath of fresh air he needed with the hiatus. I saw him in Monte Carlo about four, five weeks ago, and I said, 'I'll see you on [July] 9.' And he said, "Yep.'"

• Any lessons to be learned from this? "I'm hoping Mandy learns a lesson from his actions. He did it once, OK. This one's going to sting a little bit. At least it should sting. Bottom line is, he didn't show up to work — with no warning. He didn't tell anybody."

• On his recent legal troubles: "My problem is I always liked fast cars. The mistake I made was I was driving too fast. As far as any alcohol-related charges, they were all dropped. The lesson that I learned was, I've got to slow down."

• On those infamous nudie pics: "You mean of me frolicking on the beach? You know, the worst part of that whole thing for me was the frolicking, because, to me, it sounds like I was skipping or something like that. Look, I had no problems with [the photos]. What I have a problem with is their making such an issue out of me being gay. I'll say it right now: I'm not gay. Not even a little bit. I love women. Women are god's greatest creation. But I have no problems with people who are gay. My godfather was gay; he died of AIDS. I have dear friends that are gay. I'm very straight. The article said I got "caught." I didn't get caught. I willingly went to Hawaii. I willingly went to Maui, with two girlfriends of mine. I'm a single man. I had two girlfriends out there, and we wanted to go skinny-dipping."

• Was he, um, happy with those pics? "Lemme just say this: Thank god the water was fairly warm. That's all I'm going to say. It wasn't my best day. But it wasn't an awful day."

Season Finale of criminal minds tonight at 10pm on living. On the rumour of Geena Davis being a possible replacement is she quiting her role as the female president in the drama series Comander and Chief with Donald Sutherland?
    Last edited by Chloe O'brien; 03-08-2007 at 02:16.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'Brien View Post
    Season Finale of criminal minds tonight at 10pm on living. On the rumour of Geena Davis being a possible replacement is she quiting her role as the female president in the drama series Comander and Chief with Donald Sutherland?
    I think Commander in Chief got cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'Brien View Post
    Yup and it looks brilliant! Gideon is at the forefront of it all and serial killer Frank is back! Lets just say, Gideon isn't going to be a happy bunny......

How brilliant was the final episode!!! Totally fantastic, although I have to say, I am definitely going to miss Mandy Patinkin.

Apparently Gina Davis has turned down joining Criminal Minds next series, so there are 2 others that they are now looking at.

Apparently Batman star Michael Keaton is rumoured to be the replacement after Geena Davis refused the role

Looks like the mystery surrounding who will replace Mandy Patinkin on Criminal Minds is closer to being solved. Sources tell TV Guide that the producers and the network are in serious negotiations with Harvey Keitel.

While not a done deal yet, this is the closest they’ve come to filling the role. This would mark the Oscar-nominated actor's first series-lead role.

Joe Mantegna joins 'Criminal Minds'

Joe Mantegna is to join the cast of CBS drama Criminal Minds.

Mantegna will replace Mandy Patinkin, who left last month citing "creative differences", as the lead on the two-year-old show.

In a message to fans, executive producer Ed Bernero said: "We are very excited to tell you all that Joe Mantegna is officially joining the cast of 'Criminal Minds'.

"Thanks for hanging with us, everyone."

At this stage it is unclear as to how the departure of Patinkin's character and the introduction of Mantegna will play on screen.

Mantegna played Will through 45 episodes of Joan of Arcadia and most recently voiced the character of Fat Tony in The Simpsons Movie.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Prior to the recording of this week's podcast, Ausiello said Joe Mantegna was Criminal Minds' new front-runner, and this time the front-runner actually crossed the finish line. Joan of Arcadia's pop has been called upon to fill the vacancy left when Mandy Patinkin... well, we're still not 100 percent sure what he did. "We are very excited to tell you all that Joe Mantegna is officially joining the cast," Bernero shares at the Criminal Minds Fanatic blog. "Thanks for hanging with us, everyone."

In the weeks since Patinkin's defection from the hit CBS series, such big names as Michael Keaton, Geena Davis, Harvey Keitel and Doris Roberts [wink-wink] were tossed around as possible subs. At this point, with Minds being several episodes into production on the new season, Mantegna is not likely to first appear until November sweeps.

Thread Information