Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holby Blue First Episode

Holby Blue First Episode

Date to be decided

Tim Pigott-Smith, Zoe Lucker and Kacey Ainsworth star in Tony Jordan's eagerly anticipated, new police drama, HolbyBlue.
    It's a busy time for the team at Holby South, with Asbos a-plenty, mountains of paper work and a handful of new recruits to integrate. However, they remain committed to "shaping a safer Holby", even if their personal lives suffer as a result.
    It's DS Luke French's first day, and DCI Harry Hutchinson wastes no time in introducing him to his new Inspector, DI John Keenan, whose passion for the job knows no bounds. After sizing up CID's newest member, John sets Luke straight to work on a case.
    Garry Drake is fiercely possessive of his wife but, when he threatens to shoot her, the team brings him in. During the interview, Luke notices that Garry has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. As he seems to be getting nowhere fast, John decides to ruffle Garry's feathers by making a mess. However, being a man who likes to do things by the book, Luke soon learns how unconventional his new DI can be.
    It is also probationer Lucy Slater's first day, although she makes a clumsy entrance to her first brief. The station's stern and organised Inspector, Jenny Black, partners her with PC Robert Clifton, a self-confessed God's gift to women, who is hugely disappointed and finds Lucy nothing but annoying.
    Whilst they are on patrol, Lucy receives a call to arrest suspected paedophile Russell Bennett. Seeing him nearby, she is quick on his heels. Unable to pull Robert away from his latest conquest, and, despite it being her first arrest, Lucy goes it alone, but finds herself in a dangerous situation.
    Elsewhere, after an eventful time bowling with his two kids, John takes them home to his estranged wife, Kate. Noticing a new car in his old driveway, and curious to know who the owner is, John questions Kate.

Thanks To Vicky For My Fab Banner!!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Footie_Chick For This Useful Post:

alan45 (19-04-2007), Chloe O'brien (13-04-2007), DaVeyWaVey (13-04-2007)

Thanks for posting that, i'm really looking forward to this drama being on our screens, as it has big names, Zoe Lucker and Kacey Ainsworth as part of the cast. It looks like a good first episode with the crime element clearly put in, i just hope this focus doesn't change if this does become a successful series. It's a police drama so crime should be its main theme, i hope it doesn't start focusing on the colleagues personal lives as this series progresses.

It will be interesting to see if Kacey can shake of her role as little Mo.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

yeah thats what i was thinking, it will show if shes actually an actress.

according to digital spy it starts on May 1st on BBC 1

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *_*Smile*_* For This Useful Post:

DaVeyWaVey (17-04-2007), Footie_Chick (16-04-2007)

Ahhh wow thats cool, can't wait for it. Hope it lives up to expectations.

Bit more about the history of Holby Blue

In Spring 2007, a new spin-off from CASUALTY and HOLBY CITY prepares to hit our screens. In production from Tony Jordan's new company Red Planet Pictures, the new drama series 'HolbyBlue' focuses on the police force in Holby.
    The challenges facing the police officers and CID unit of Holby South are very different to the traditional 'bobby on the beat' - hard drugs, even harder gang members, and the constant threat of terrorism all combine to prove that modern-day policing isn't just about robberies and ASBO's. Despite being weighed down by never ending bureaucracy the officers of Holby South aspire to be the best, putting their personal opinions and passions to one side in order to make Holby a safer place to live.

Straight talking DI John Keenan (Cal Macaninch, Sorted) lives for his job and will stop at nothing to secure a conviction. John somehow manages to be a great dad to his two young children, but a lousy husband to Kate (Zoe Lucker, Footballers' Wives). They are both playing the field following their recent split but it's clear that neither is really ready to move on. When Kate applies for a job at the station, John's recent fling with colleague Rachel Barker CPS (Sara Powell, London's Burning) is set to make all their lives even more complicated.

Inspector Jenny Black (Kacey Ainsworth, EastEnders) seems for all the world to have managed the impossible and "has it all" - a successful job and happy marriage and family. But the reality is that, in an effort to be the perfect wife, mother and career woman, Jenny has long neglected her own needs, and her frustration cannot be contained forever...

Holby South's veteran DCI Harry Hutchinson (Tim Pigott-Smith, Poirot) is due for retirement but, keen to secure his legacy, he is pushing hard for his team to secure a conviction against the city's crime boss Neculai Stenga (Velibor Topic, William and Mary) at any cost - just so long as he doesn't have to get his own hands dirty.

HolbyBlue's impressive ensemble cast also includes Richard Harrington (Bleak House) as DS Luke French, the clean- cut newcomer with his sights on the top job, Elaine Glover (Footballers Wives) as eager new PC Lucy Slater and Kieran O'Brien (Cracker) as cocky PC Robert Clifton.

Executive Producer for Red Planet Pictures and writer for Holby Blue, Tony Jordan comments: "HolbyBlue is a fresh new approach to dramatising a modern day police force that not only has to deal with hard-nosed criminals but is expected to help fight the 'war on terror' on home soil."

Controller BBC Drama Production, John Yorke continues: "Whilst revealing a different side to the city of Holby, HolbyBlue still has the warmth and wit of the much loved CASUALTY and HOLBY CITY brands; the characters have to deal with the personal problems that occur in everyday life as well as keeping a cool head as they fight crime on the streets of Holby."

Cast
    Cal Macaninch plays DI John Keenan
    Richard Harrington plays DS Luke French
    Kacey Ainsworth plays Inspector Jenny Black
    Zoe Lucker plays Kate Keenan
    Tim Piggott-Smith plays DCI Harry Hutchinson
    James Hillier plays Custody Sergeant Christian Young
    Chloe Howman plays PC Kelly Cooper
    Jimmy Akingbola plays PC Neil Parker
    Kieran O'Brien plays PC Robert Clifton
    Joe Jacobs plays PC William Jackson
    Elaine Glover plays PC Lucy Slater
    Sara Powell plays CPS Rachel Barker
    David Sterne plays Desk Sergeant Edward MacFadden

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Footie_Chick For This Useful Post:

DaVeyWaVey (19-04-2007)

Can't wait hopefully this will be good

Cool

From Digital Spy

News just in: Holby City spin-off drama HolbyBlue has been pushed back in the schedules.

The police drama, which was originally penciled in for a May 1 premiere, has been held back a week.

HolbyBlue will now kick-off its eight-part run on Tuesday, May 8 at 8pm on BBC One, ousting Holby City from its usual slot indefinitely.

Holby City, meanwhile, will transmit on Thursdays at 8pm for the duration.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    From Digital Spy

News just in: Holby City spin-off drama HolbyBlue has been pushed back in the schedules.

The police drama, which was originally penciled in for a May 1 premiere, has been held back a week.

HolbyBlue will now kick-off its eight-part run on Tuesday, May 8 at 8pm on BBC One, ousting Holby City from its usual slot indefinitely.

Holby City, meanwhile, will transmit on Thursdays at 8pm for the duration.

I heard about Holby City moving to Thursday, i suppose they have had to swap it to that as if they put Holby Blue on a Thursday it would run against the Bill another police drama.

Thread Information