Thread: Long live Alan Turner!

Smile Long live Alan Turner!

I just checked an Emmerdale site the other day and discovered that Richard Thorp has been in Emmerdale for 25 years as of a fortnight ago. I think they should dedicate the current fair to Turner as a Silver Jubilee present! Turner is a great character and has been over the last 25 years, one of just three stalwarts remaining from the Emmmerdale Farm era. In spite of his ill health in recent years, he's still doing the business and it was great when Steph was around with him. Here's hoping Alan is a fixture in Emmerdale for years to come.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Richie_lecturer For This Useful Post:

alan45 (09-04-2007), ChelseaFC (09-04-2007), Chloe O'brien (09-04-2007)

I am right in thinking that he once was in charge of home farm before the Taits. As I have a memory of him being the Lord of the Manor. I can remember the early emmerdale days when Seth used to try and pull the wool over Turner's eyes with his poaching and Amos and Mr Wilks being behind the bar.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

ChelseaFC (09-04-2007)

Woah.I didnt know this.

He should get a present.

He has had some good storylines too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'Brien View Post
    I am right in thinking that he once was in charge of home farm before the Taits. As I have a memory of him being the Lord of the Manor. I can remember the early emmerdale days when Seth used to try and pull the wool over Turner's eyes with his poaching and Amos and Mr Wilks being behind the bar.
    I dont think he was Lord of the Manor, I think he was Estate Manager
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

7. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Chloe O'brien (09-04-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'Brien View Post
    Mr Wilks, the man with the hat, with an uncanny habit of saying "nay" every five minutes.

Not forgetting the Skilbecks and Joe and Annie Sugden.

He was at Home Farm for a while, until Pollard came along and chucked him out IIRC.
    Last edited by Richie_lecturer; 10-04-2007 at 13:59.

Thread Information