Thread: Jim'll Fix It!

Jim'll Fix It!

On UKTV Gold tonight, and all week I believe. As part of the Now and Then thing.. they showed old Fix it's and one new one in a show..

Question is... I'm not sure how old the show is mind, but did anyone here ever write in? Or want to write in? And what for

I never wrote in but I wanted to but I was too embarrassed at the thought of being on tv. Jim'll fix it was a fab show I used to watch it everyweek.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Awww bless you Kath . What did you want by the way

Loved the programme, wrote in as I wanted to have dinner with Ian Botham.

At the time all the goldfish in our pond were called Ian Botham and I loved them.

Used to love watcing him play cricket - in our excitement my sister and I used to do somersaults off the sofa - until we broke the spring - mum went mental! lol

Never did get on the show

I can't remember Lea probably too meet some pop star or to hug a real tiger. Those scouts that were on the rollercoaster I can remember the first time it was on.

That was brilliant, but I think the last thing I would do on a rollercoaster is eat food, and not just because of the mess. I'd be hanging onto the bars for dear life!

I did write in once, asking to meet Trevor Brooking. It never happened.

I could never stand Jimmy Saville though, in fact he seems to get wackier with age. There's also been some rumours about him too.....
    Last edited by Richie_lecturer; 08-04-2007 at 23:34.

I just wanted one of those badges and to sit in that big red chair.

HOW'S about this then guys and gals? BBC bosses haven't wasted any time — they're bringing back Jim'll Fix It. And top brass have roped in EastEnders star Shane Richie to stand in for the legendary tracksuit-wearing Sir Jimmy Savile, who died last month aged 84.

BBC1 has lined up a special tribute show for Christmas which will give a whole new generation of youngsters a "Fix It".

The programme will even feature the original ba-ba-baaa theme tune, although the BBC says it will have a "modern twist".

Beeb insiders said Shane was drafted in for the half-hour special as he "was available".

But they are braced for criticism from fans who think the show should not be brought back out of respect for Sir Jimmy. The new version will even be called Jim'll Fix It with Shane Richie.

But one source said: "While the show was identified with Sir Jimmy, it remains a BBC format. This will be a tribute to the great man."

Shane 47 — EastEnders' Alfie Moon — said last night: "Jim'll Fix It was compulsive television in our house.

"I even wrote in, but wasn't one of the lucky ones. I'm honoured to be part of this Christmas special and salute Sir Jimmy and Fix It for a new generation."

Sir Jimmy was buried last week in Scarborough, North Yorks, in a gold-coloured coffin at a 45-degree angle — so he could see the sea.

The ex-Radio 1 DJ was one of TV's most popular stars for many years thanks to his "fix-its" on the Saturday evening show, broadcast between 1975 and 1994.

Hopefuls who want to take part in the new show should be 14 or under and apply by sending their wish to [email protected] before November 25.

The Sun

Thread Information