Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alternative Ending?

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Or they could just pretend to the viewing public that the ending is a secret and but they've known all along which episode they were going to show and filmed in accordance with that

ITV's website has a piece stating that Tracey was going to be sent down all along

After failing to get away with murder, Tracy finds herself imprisoned in a dank prison cell with just a picture of her daughter Amy for company. And while she's not the most doting mother in the world, even Tracy is devastated when she realises her 15-year sentence means she'll miss Amy's entire childhood.

However, there's worse to come for the brazen murderess! On Sunday 8th April Tracy's whole family disowns her when she has the gall to ask them to fund a costly appeal!

While Corrie bosses filmed two endings of the show to keep fans guessing, they've now admitted they were planning to send the cold-blooded killer to jail all along.

A spokesperson said: “Coronation Street is a moral show where cheats and murderers rarely prosper, so there was no way Tracy could ever get away with this crime.”

But only the producers and Kate Ford would have known what they were planning to do. As far as all the other actors and workers on the show were concerned, i doubt they would have been told the ending. Its a huge story, they wouldn't have risked it getting out. My parents worked in various areas of the BBC, and i know that they are very carefull about who is told what about storylines. I bet ITV are the same, and would have kept it close to their chests.

Also... I know it's not it's not filmed in order, but even if the scenes were filmed last week, still not much of a secret is it?? And the long term affects such as Amy staying and Tracey going.. I think the whole street know Tracey wouldn't leave her kid intentionally. So it would have seemed a bit off.
    MY opinions anyway!

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Maybe, but maybe not - closed set filming etc - yes not ALL the cast and crew would have known in case of spoiling the outcome, but I'm sure there would have a been a fair few that did - those that were in the need to know etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLea View Post
    Also... I know it's not it's not filmed in order, but even if the scenes were filmed last week, still not much of a secret is it?? And the long term affects such as Amy staying and Tracey going.. I think the whole street know Tracey wouldn't leave her kid intentionally. So it would have seemed a bit off.
    MY opinions anyway!
    Maybe they always planned Amy was going to stay either way? Steve might have put up a fight?

They're clever people, they would make the results of the courtcase almost identical, i would expect.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLea View Post
    Well I'm not so sure. Cause Steve made an annoucement, so everyone did know. So they've made storys with people knowing about it now, if that makes sense, people will probably mention it soon too. So they wouldn't film lots of material up to where they are, just for that purpose. Hmm it will take some getting around
    Exactly my thoughts. The whole cast and production team MUST have known what would happen. The reverberations of her going to prison were seen on Monday, will be seen tonight and will be seen for at least the next two episodes, all of which had to have been filmed some time ago. They could not possibly have filmed two alternatives for so many episodes.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (04-04-2007)

I believe they filmed two endings because they didn't have enough cash to pay for the bus fare from Bradford to Manchester at peak times, so they filmed the alternative ending before 7pm, then went home when off-peak prices returned to the transport network. The ending was never meant to see the light of day though, it was supposed to be for the Granada Christmas Party, and their drunken game 'tape reel frisbee'.

Are you feeling ok, Richie, or is the stress of not watching Eastenders any more getting to you?

Possibly. However I did read about this in the new tabloid called News of the Weird....

That alternative ending on the ITV website is so staged. Either that or it's incredibly bad acting...

Kate Ford...incredibly bad acting? No, couldn't possibly be that...

Thread Information