Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: May pregnant/Dr Legg to return/Rob axed

I suppose she could have a slim chance. With Sharon she was told she couldn't have kids after that infection, but May has got pregnant before.

I think it's more likely that Rob doesn't go back to May - we know she's desperate because she was on the floor begging Dawn to let her have Rob.

I really hope Rob does go back to May though.

How come when women have fertility issues in soaps they try everything to get pregnant with no joy then all of a sudden they have this miracle pregnancy, its so unbelievable!
    I think it's rather insensitive to be honest. Kind of gives women, who are in that situation, false hope. They'll think, "Oh, so and so on EE (or other soaps), got pregnant, so can I." Not that simple .

Anyway, if it did happen, I'm going to be totally annoyed. That would make the whole storyline comletely pointless, and seem boring. When if fact, it's pretty good. (For me.) It would be totally unrealistic for all 3 characters. And would be a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLea View Post
    How come when women have fertility issues in soaps they try everything to get pregnant with no joy then all of a sudden they have this miracle pregnancy, its so unbelievable!
    I think it's rather insensitive to be honest. Kind of gives women, who are in that situation, false hope. They'll think, "Oh, so and so on EE (or other soaps), got pregnant, so can I." Not that simple .

Anyway, if it did happen, I'm going to be totally annoyed. That would make the whole storyline comletely pointless, and seem boring. When if fact, it's pretty good. (For me.) It would be totally unrealistic for all 3 characters. And would be a disappointment.
    I'm sure people know the difference between EastEnders and real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie Brookes View Post

But thats just it, some people dont, for some people they watch theses soaps and things happen in them that does give them hope! Im sorry but for rob to go to may just because she is pregnant would just be stupid, what about dawn then who is also carrying his baby!

Hoping this is just a rumour, im going off eastenders more and more and this just may make me switch right off!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Debs For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (03-04-2007)

Yeah, I hope he stays with Dawn even if May does find that she's pregnant. That baby's done nothing wrong and neither would May's have done. Rob needs to learn to stick to his decisions and all of them need to realise you can't use a baby as something to sell or buy.

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie Brookes View Post

I'm sure people do, but I'm also sure that people that in "real life" who have been trying for a baby with no luck through ivf and other means for many years will also get some kind of false hope through seeing all of these women that are so called infertile, suddenly have a miracle baby. Yes EE (and other soaps) are exactly that, soaps, but there is also supposed to be some element of reality to them with regards to sensitive subjects like these and if this did occur, then I would think it isn't being sensitve to that extent. They have already had an "infertile" Sharon having a baby, to do this again with May wouldn't be fair on these families that have been going through the awful, traumatic time of not being able to conceive a child that has been wanted for so long.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jojo For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (03-04-2007), Debs (04-04-2007)

If you look on EE's site you will notice that Dr Legg has a nephew who is also a Doctor. This could make a story line/Possible EE Doctor for the future.

i dont see a problem with the storyline,many women become pregnant when they give up trying,even so it would make a good soap storyline,nout wrong with that,but dr legg returning as a full time dr sounds more unrealistic,he/d be having a nap in the middle of surgory at his age

I don't think May will be pregnant, but I think she may trick rob into believing she is and perhaps the story will lead to her kidnapping Honey and Billy's baby. As for Dr Legg returning how old is he now and why did they not bring him back when Pauline died.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information