Page 13 of 137 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Episode Discussion- III

I thought it was really good last night. It was very emotional scenes in the car with Liam and Carla. It was so funny when she mentioned his 21st and how he didnt like her as he sent her to Mosside !!! I wonder where Pauls got to. Im really growing on the connors.

I to thought that the shirt suited Peter better than Dev.

Oh yes I am in Corrie heaven right now as both my favourite families have the central place and then there's the return of Peter.

Paul was absolutely brilliant the other night, I loved his behaviour, witty, sarcy, ruthless, a bit of a b/d all with a couldn't careless attitude, but at the same time you could tell that he was very stressed out emotionally. I just loved the way he went ballistic at Sean and physically removed him from the factory it was the least Sean deserved afterall he was bithcing about Paul's sister. Sean should of known it was best to keep his gob shut, mind you the girls were just as bad, winding hm up all day about Sonny, everyone should of known that it's a very sensitive subject around the Connors right now, espec Paul who is very protective of his family. This is what it';s all about with Paul and Liam too "Protecting" the people they love.

I too really liked the scene in the car with Liam/Carla espec as it showed us a different side to both of their characters. Liam is becoming very you can tell that they both love Paul very much. I liked the way that we found out more about the Connors history, they certainly are a very interesting family. The Connors are certainly very protective of one another, but I think they all rely on and need Paul though, he is the strength and backbone of the Connor family, inspite of the fact that I'm under the impression that Liam is the harder of the two brothers, Paul is a softie really.

Ken was brilliant too, when he was winding everyone up, espec Peter,by shouting out his crossword clues and then came out with a classic when Tracy was telling everyone in the Barlow household about the "shirt"incident, Ken said somehting like " I'd thought you'd like that sort of thing espec with you having been in the navy where they all dress the same!" Lovley brother/sister scenes with Peter and Tracy. Then of course there's Deirdre who is looking daggers at everyone whilst puffing away on the cigs, another classic by Ken "She'll be smoking in bed next!"

I particularly liked the fact that they let us know where Peter had been but didn't think that Portsmouth was that far away! (Re: Driving through the night)

Steve classic as usual and just love his "Subtley" He is a character who doesn't really have big storylines but at the same time he does. He is in the thick of everything all the time, Steve is involved in most of the big storylines and it works well. Hate to admit this but I do find that Steve works well with Vernon, guess he just brings out the best in people.
    Liz's new fella don't like at all at the mo, but I did think the "Heart to Heart" scene in the back of the Rovers with the two f them was nice.

Eileen she is a great character too and I loved her classic " Jason you can't still be on that bog"

Dev he's character really has gone down hill since Sunita left,prior to her leaving Dev was a brilliant character but now he is lost and his storylines are crap.
    All in all fantastic viewing and I'm just loving it all!
    Last edited by Babe14; 14-03-2007 at 08:50.

A Very Sexy and Brilliant Actor

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Babe14 For This Useful Post:

alan45 (14-03-2007), Katy (14-03-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Babe14 View Post
    Then of course there's Deirdre who is looking daggers at everyone whilst puffing away on the cigs, another classic by Ken "She'll be smoking in bed next!"
    Pretty much a carbon copy of Vera's line after the Rovers Return fire in 1986 which nearly killed off Bet Lynch (of course, it was Jack's fault).

I just love your posts on corrie babe 14. It just sums up everything i want to say but a million times better. eilleen in my opinion is one of the most underrated actresses on the show. I love her. Her one liners are classic. And Dev its so true. Hes lost without sunita. He werent to good with her but now hes just shockingly bad.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Katy For This Useful Post:

Babe14 (15-03-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    I just love your posts on corrie babe 14. It just sums up everything i want to say but a million times better. eilleen in my opinion is one of the most underrated actresses on the show. I love her. Her one liners are classic. And Dev its so true. Hes lost without sunita. He werent to good with her but now hes just shockingly bad.
    Thanks Katy it's really nice of you to say so, I'll keep doing them just for you Have to admit once I get started or my teeth into something I do get a bit carried away Espec where the Connors are concerned! So just imagine what I would be like if they brought Peter back permanently!!
    Have to admit I did enjoy Dev/Sunita and thought the character was good back then, but did find him a bit arogant. I don't know about anyone else but I'm finding this Dev image storyline a bit silly an dhis chat up lines just make me cringe with embarrassment. I hope that the character will improve during the upcoming golfing storyline and the Jodie potential love storyline.
    With regards to Paul's whereabouts I'm guessing his probably driving around somewhere trying to sort his head out..

Haven't seen last nights corrie yet, when I do you'll know LOL!
    Last edited by Babe14; 15-03-2007 at 07:46.

He's back and he's gone all soft and fluffy again Just love the way that Paul is grovelling to his family after his recent behaviour and the revelation that he was responsible for Dean's death. Paul will now do everything he can to make things right again.
    No one should of driven the car that night they should of got a cab, but what is done is done and Paul is/has been punished enough having to live with the guilt for the rest of his life, having to face Ryan/Michelle knowing what he knows..

Lovely Paul/Carla Scenes, espec the first scene with Paul's re-appearance I just love the way he goes all sheepish and unsure like that when he's done something wrong, also the end scene at Underworld when Carla told him no more secrets from either of them not ever and they agreed then kissed
    When Michelle said that she would go out for a meal with them only if Paul is paying, there was a double euendo here, when Paul went "Oh yes" as far as Michelle was concerned he was talking about the meal, but Paul actually meant that he ws paying the price for what he had done. (but doesn't Paul always pay anyway?)
    Lovely scene here with the Connors and Paul being all apologetic with Carla /Liam protecting and supporting him, Just loved Paul's expressions and the banter between him and Liam,each and everyone of the Connors interact well with one another. The Connors are growing and growing. Also we have learnt more about the type of person Paul is he can be self-centred, which was clearly shown when he said to Carla "The only thought which went through my mind that night was how am I gonna get meself out of this mess. How can you admit something like that to your wife?" Also we have seen other sides to Liam/Carla's characters this week and recently.

I just loved the way Paul went into the factory cool as you like and said morning and asked if everyone was o.k. Then of course there was the scene with brother Liam, like Carla said they are always trying to get one over on one another but they are so tight that they tend to lock other people out.

Peter so lovely to have him back. I'm just loving his flirting with Maria and just cracked up when he went into the hairdrssers and helped himself to a look at the appointments book, fitted himslef in for a trim and then brewed up. I've noticed that Peter has now picked up Ken's habit of brewing up Just love the way he comes out with his little comments, for example when Tracy/Deirdre/Peter/Maria were all in the Rovers and Peter was with Maria, much to Tracy's annoyance,he went over to join Deirdre/Tracy and Tracy said "Hope your not telling her my business" Peter replied before getting up from his seat "Like I'd dare" Peter is definitely Ken II with slightly different ways. I liked it the other night when Peter had been for a walk and he came in and told Ken all about how he'd walked down to the reservoir and along the canal which had lots of boats all tied up of course, this was a typical Ken trait.
    We have Deirdre palying detective which is unerving Tracy as her suspicions are being aroused, we clearly saw this in the end scene Friday where Peter put his arm around Deirdre and asked if she was o.k, which I thought was lovely and now think that Peter is also becoming suspicious of Tracy.

Now Sean has been irritating me and I've not liked him very much recently (def one of my love/hate characters) but did quite like the Violet/Sean scenes, espec the one where he was referring to Paul as a killer Shark!
    Clare/Casey not much happening at the moment just seeds being sowed.

Dev - I am so cringing at him right now.

Steve on form as usual. Jus tloved his comment to Vernon the other night during the discussion about aftershave where Vernon was going on about how he likes to be sprayed as he passes by the counters, Steve said "ever thought they might be trying to get you in the eye Vernon"

Liz's new fella - I find myself warming to him now and think that he would be good for Liz as he comes across as the gentlemanly type. Why oh why did she do that, dump Derek the other night for Vernon!

Overall a lovely enjoyable week down on the cobbles and Corrie certainly have some wonderful characters right now.
    Last edited by Babe14; 18-03-2007 at 09:35.

An excellent start to the week with the arrival of the Mortons whom on first impression seem like a family who are defintely going to cause chaos on the street and make even the lovely Connors look like a normal peaceful family! Wonderful to see Michael Starke (Jerry) who has slipped into his role perfectly. (Although he will always be SInbad to me) Love the interaction with the Platts espec between Gail and Jerry. The Mortons who have made an instant impact n me are Jerry and Grandad, think that these two will probably be my favourites in this family, Jodie not so sure about her but think that she is a good character as she is fiesty and I think that she will give Janice Battersby a run for her money in the biggest gob stakes!

Now of course to my "babe" of Corrie Paul. Although I enjoy the Sunday episodes with all the Connors spending Sunday together I did like the fact that we had The Connors all doing their own thing this week.
    Absolutely loved the scene with Michelle/Ryan where Paul was being all soft and trying to win Ryan around. Also the scenes in the Rovers with Liam/Michelle/Steve/Dev I was just cracking up with the humour and witty comments that were coming from mainly Steve and Paul.

(Paul after Liam thought he had a date with Leanne)"He takes after our Grandad who was a merchant seaman, a girl in every port,a port in every girl!"

(Steve pointing to Dev) "He can do better than that, seven shops, seven women with seven babies inside them!"

When Paul was doing a practice swing in the pub I just cracked up, he really loves to show off Looking forward to the golfing this week with these 3 characters as I am sure there are definitely going to be some very commical moments. (I really hope that this storyline will give Dev a purpose and bring his character back to life, he is with the right two characters to do this.)

Liam/Leanne - Nice scenes and he was doing so well until Jancie came in and opened that big mouth of hers Janice is also my love/hate character who annoys me alot but at times I like her. Have to say Vicky looks good with her new image, best I've seen her.

Peter/Tracy/Deirdre - Enjoying Deirdre being detective as it has added a bit of interest back into this ongoing story, love Peter being peace keeper (again another trait of Ken's he has inherited) Tracy is being an absolute bitch to everyone espec Clare. Now as you know I ' m not that keen on the Peacocks and find them dull, but I actually feel sorry for Clare, as Ken said she is a damn good friend (Maybe Sean can take lessons from her on loyalty) Tracy is just using her unfortunately Clare is to nieve to realise. Have to admit I do think that Clare/Ashley are sweet.

Absolutely loving Corrie right now.
    Last edited by Babe14; 19-03-2007 at 08:47.

What a cracker the double helping of Corrie was on Monday!

We had the emotion and drama from Janice and Leanne and the fantastic comedy/humour on the golf course!

Really like Janice/Leanne storyline which showed us how things were from both sides of the fence, I like Janice when she is like this. These are yet another two characters who work really well together. I was so glad that they made up in the end, well sort of. The scene with Leanne sat in Jerry's, all alone looking out of the window,,with Janice walking across the other side of the street where Leanne beckoned to her with her hand to come over was lovely.

Peter/Maria loving it, of course Tracy always has to come along to spoil things but Peter won't have any of it. He's a monkey tellin gher that he was giving Maria a hard time where in actual fact he was being quite sourcy with her as she was with him, particularly when they were talking about "Interferring"

Now the golfing storyline - Hilarious, these three characters DO work well together as I hoped they would. Steve was on form with the humour and comments:

(Paul stuck in the bunker)

"You would of dug a hole through to Australia in a minute"

(Paul takes another swing, misses)

"G'day mate" (Steve)
    "Throw us another shrimp on the barbie" (Steve)

(Paul eventually gets himself out of the bunker)

"You were in that bunker so long I was going to get you a deck chair" (Steve)

Then we had some lovely comments from Paul blaming his clubs, then his shoes
    These two were wonderful.
    As for Dev well the character has come back to life through this storyline and Steve/Paul, he was great too!

(That Paul is such a naughty boy )

I like the fact that we are now having the Connors interacting seperately with the other characters on the street and having storylines with them in addition to their family orientated ones.

Steve wins the prize for the best dressed golfer

Jerry absolutely loving his character. A real rogue we have here and he is defintely after Gail!

I loved it in the beginning of Corrie, where Roy was nosing through the window trying to have a look at the opposition.

Also I am actually liking Vernon now, he is becoming likeable now that he is being interacted with other characters such as Steve/Paul/Dev/Jack.

I have noticed that Corrie along with the other soaps tend to put the less popular characters with the more popular ones inorder to make them more likeable, it works.

Excellent Writing/Storylines/Scripting/Humour/Comedy and fantstic character interaction. Brilliant acting all round also.
    Last edited by Babe14; 20-03-2007 at 09:30.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Babe14 For This Useful Post:

parkerman (20-03-2007), tammyy2j (21-03-2007)

Really like Janice/Leanne storyline which showed us how things were from both sides of the fence, I like Janice when she is like this. These are yet another two characters who work really well together.
    I agree and I also thought Janice - a character I normally find very irritating when all gobby - was excellent last night. More please.

Peter/Maria loving it
    I am, but I'm not sure why Maria would go for someone twice her age.

Now the golfing storyline - Hilarious, these three characters DO work well together as I hoped they would. Steve was on form with the humour and comments:
    It was alright, although Steve was dressed ridiculously OTT. Dev looked the part, shame he couldn't have been used as a flag beside each hole. Some good one liners though, as you have pointed out.

I like the fact that we are now having the Connors interacting seperately with the other characters on the street and having storylines with them in addition to their family orientated ones
    I think the Connors have improved over the last fortnight. I find them more bearable, but not entirely convinced they 'belong' in Weatherfield.

Jerry absolutely loving his character. A real rogue we have here and he is defintely after Gail!
    He was good in Brookie, and good so far. I don't know what he's thinking of with ET, honestly.
    Not too sure on the Morton clan yet but it's early doors....

I loved it in the beginning of Corrie, where Roy was nosing through the window trying to have a look at the opposition.
    Indeed. Roy is excellent.

Also I am actually liking Vernon now, he is becoming likeable now that he is being interacted with other characters such as Steve/Paul/Dev/Jack.
    Agree but I still don't like him much. By the way it's Vermin.

All in all it's been a bit better these last few episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie_lecturer View Post

Really like Janice/Leanne storyline which showed us how things were from both sides of the fence, I like Janice when she is like this. These are yet another two characters who work really well together.
    I agree and I also thought Janice - a character I normally find very irritating when all gobby - was excellent last night. More please.
    I hate it when Janice mouths off all the time, as we have seen the other night and in previous episodes of Corrie she is a much better more likeable character when she isn't being "agro" all the time.

Peter/Maria loving it
    I am, but I'm not sure why Maria would go for someone twice her age.
    There is definitely something very appealing about the older man

I like the fact that we are now having the Connors interacting seperately with the other characters on the street and having storylines with them in addition to their family orientated ones
    I think the Connors have improved over the last fortnight. I find them more bearable, but not entirely convinced they 'belong' in Weatherfield.
    Fair enough.

He was good in Brookie, and good so far. I don't know what he's thinking of with ET, honestly.
    Not too sure on the Morton clan yet but it's early doors....

The only two Mortons possibly three that are standingout for me at the mo are Jerry (mainly because of Brookie), Grandad Morton and Jodie.

Agree but I still don't like him much. By the way it's Vermin.
    LOL I stand corrected. Of course I meant Vermin, who I wouldn't shed any tears over if he were to leave but as I said I have warmed to him quite a bit lately. Vermin/Liz don't work. Now Liz/Derek maybe..

There was a classic from Rita which I missed whilst talking to Norris about string

"What did you used to use to dangle your conkers with" (another case of double euendo)

Finally I just love all these lads get togethers
    Last edited by Babe14; 21-03-2007 at 08:01.

Thread Information