Thread: Corrie's first anniversary brand partner unveiled

Corrie's first anniversary brand partner unveiled

Bread maker Warburtons has been announced as the first brand partner for Coronation Street's 50th anniversary marketing lineup.

The 12-month deal will see the launch of a promotional calendar at the end of the year and allows ongoing use of the official anniversary graphics and artwork on products and all advertising platforms.

Official show sponsor Harveys, meanwhile, will "remain at the centre of all activities" over the anniversary year.

ITV's director of promotions and new business Corine Pouvreau Miles said: "Coronation Street's and Warburtons' brand values and popularity are perfectly aligned; both loved and embedded in the fabric of Britons' lives. The promotional calendar will feature as an integrated part of the overall 2010 celebrations, across all platforms and outdoors."

She continued: "Coronation Street's official sponsor Harveys will remain at the centre of all activities around the celebration, and we look forward to announcing further promotional partners in the lead-up to summer 2010."

Warburtons' marketing director Richard Hayes said of the deal: "As Britain's favourite baker, Warburtons is delighted to be working with the one of the UK's most-loved TV programmes. Coronation Street and Warburtons combine proud Northern roots with wide national appeal and our shared family values make for a strong partnership."

He added: "We will be working closely with Coronation Street and our fellow partner brands to deliver an engaging, integrated marketing campaign to celebrate the 50th Anniversary."

As previously reported, marketing activity surrounding the Weatherfield soap's milestone year is based on the 'Best of British' theme.

Other ventures include a Coronation Street Nintendo DS game and an official beer, while ideas such as tea sets and lingerie are also being explored.

No one can replace Cadburys

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    No one can replace Cadburys
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

See they were the best!

I miss Cabury's

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information