Page 56 of 137 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Episode Discussion- III

It was very sad, but I didn't like the way that Jack didn't call an ambulance straight away. Surely it would have been a gut reaction?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    It was very sad, but I didn't like the way that Jack didn't call an ambulance straight away. Surely it would have been a gut reaction?
    I truly believe he wanted to spend as much time on his own with his Vee for as long as he could. He could see that his beloved Vee has gone and knew an ambulance at this point would be hopeless. He didn`t even want to tell the neighbours but Tyrone and Molly were too distraught to do it for him so he did it for them.
    I feel my eyes filling up just thinking about it again.

I think he knew it was too late for any medical help and at last he was able to declare his love for Vera, something he found difficult to do when she was alive. I think after being married for 50 years, you know what is the right thing to do

Jack's reaction at the end of the first episode was spot on imo, it was one of the best moments i've seen in Corrie for yonks. The chimes were a bit random when her body was being taken away but made good effect I suppose. It was all better than Mike and Fred's deaths but still could have been made better somehow. Silent credits would have made a difference. The rest of the ep spoilt it though, there was no need for all the knicker party scenes for a start.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

I didn't cry at the episodes but I do agree they were well acted by Bill. I'm glad that they allowed her to die peacefully instead of a horrible tragic end. I'm sure the funeral will be very emotional, sad to see Vera go the cobbles won't be the same without her.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

i just found the two episodes so real, it was even sadder for it. no massive event that caused her death, just something that probably happens every day to families. and the atmosphere of the awkward saddness and molly trying to put the kettle on etc, i can just see all that really happening. no dramatics and hysterics, just saddness.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I think he knew it was too late for any medical help and at last he was able to declare his love for Vera, something he found difficult to do when she was alive. I think after being married for 50 years, you know what is the right thing to do
    I just think it is giving out the wrong signals to the general public. Only someone medically qualified can declare when it is too late for help.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I just think it is giving out the wrong signals to the general public. Only someone medically qualified can declare when it is too late for help.
    I disagree, people arent going to see someone collapse in the street and think oh on Corrie Jack didnt phone for an ambulance, sooo therefore I wont either! Credit people with a bit more common sense than that will you!

Jack knew that there was nothing that could be done for Vera, it was too late. He didnt want to call an ambulance straight away, because he wanted to spend a few precious moments with her, and give paul etc... the opportunity to say good bye as well.

Thanking the fabulous TAbbie, for the banner!

I just watched it and can't stop ting its so sad and I thought it was vet well done I think now and then its good to have a death that doesn't need a long storyline or anything like that with this case it was perfect and just thinking about it makes me cry

coronation street

Well I watched the 2nd episode of corrie and was moved to tears. I just wanted to hug jack and tell him everything was going to be ok

Thread Information