Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Series 3 Episode Discussion

Series 3 Episode Discussion

I thought DW needed a new topic for this series.

What did you think of the first episode? I thought it was great - really well written. I really loved how it wasn't like, he's the Doctor and you can go travelling with him Martha.

Freema is excellent, I can't wait to see more of her.

Also liked the whole thing about Adeola being her cousin. They didn't have to put that in but I'm glad they did

Bring on episode two
    Thanks for the AMAZING banner Layneykins!

Who is Adeola? Is it someone familiar, or did you just like the fact that Martha's family were mentioned, as Rose's were in the last series?

I loved it that everyone bar Rose doesn't seem to like calling him The Doctor. At christmas, Donna called him a martian, and Martha keeps calling him Mr Smith.

Loved the plot. Wasn't that sure I would like it at first, but the part with the doctor convincing her the scanning had moved to stage two, then resulting in her being detected as a non-human.

It was also surprising how much she spoke and was like Rose in that she wasn't scared, and everyone else was refusing to go outside incase they died.

I thought it was really well acted in the part where they were running low on oxygen, especially, and I liked The Doctor with Martha at the end.

I'll have to record it next week, can't wait to see it

Adeola was who Freema played in series 2. She worked for Yvonne in Torchwood.

I forgot about the scene where they were almost out of oxygen. That was superbly acted. It was just so credible (apart from the Doctor with his two hearts).

I hope they do more stuff like that in this series.

I also liked it how the Doctor was acting all 'human' with the alien blood-sucker lady

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Amber For This Useful Post:

Kim (31-03-2007)

Yeah, that scene was great. I was surprised she didn't call for those things before she sucked his blood. Loved it when he was going, "Oh, I took a Physics GCSE..." Then the woman said something, and he replied, "I passed Geography GCSE as well," then started saying something about the Earth.

I thought it was a great plot tonight and a great way to bring Martha in! I'll be looking forward to next week

I didn't think that i would like Martha much, but she was much better then what i thought she would be. She actually has a normal London accent (Unlike Rose, and the whole of the cast of Eastenders!), and shes got some brains. I liked the fact that she had similarities to Rose, but was still completly different.

I didn't like the bit where the Judoon decided to take them back to Earth, but apart from that, it wasn't half bad! If you compared it to the first episode in series 1, where Rose was introduced, this was much better. There were some dodgy Martha moments, when she was wooden, but Billie Piper did that in her first episode, so i'll let her off for that.

And David Tennant was very good

Best bit..
    "Its the TARDIS. Time And Relative Dimensions In Space"..."Its made of Wood!"

I thought it wasn't half bad. Martha was definately better than I thought she would be. The story was.. okay. But then that's what makes Dr Who good (for me), the farfetchedness . Doctor was awesome as always. And looking rather dashing ;-). I look forward to coming weeks, to see how good Freema actaully is . Next weeks looks good.

Ooo, and my dad watched it too, and seemed to enjoy it, and he didn't like the one he saw last season . So I'll take that as a good sign

Just one random comment from me - the Doctor had new converse. They were a beige-y colour last series and now he has red ones

Yeah, the red ones were good.. then he threw them away .

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLea View Post
    Yeah, the red ones were good.. then he threw them away .
    I know, I really liked the red ones

Thread Information