Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Candice to Return

Are Candice and Warren coming back?

From Todays Daily Mirror

FORMER Corrie star Nikki Sanderson is sensationally returning to the show.

Fans will see Nikki, 23, left - TV hairdresser Candice Stowe - dramatically turn up at old pal Sarah-Louise Platt's wedding .

Bosses believe her comeback after nearly two years away will boost the show's appeal among younger viewers.

Advertisement
    An insider said yesterday: "She was a big favourite with viewers and her character is one of the sexiest we've had in recent years. It's great to have her back."

Nikki is equally thrilled to be in the Street again. She said: "I absolutely adore the show and everything to do with it.

"It was just a case of wanting to spread my wings and try something new when I left." Viewers must wait until autumn to watch her comeback. Producers also hope it will make up for losing Tina O'Brien, who is quitting as Sarah later this year.

Candice left Weatherfield in November 2005 to work as a stylist for Status Quo, who had just guest starred on the series.

Nikki has since appeared in a number of shows, including ITV1 drama Strictly Confidential.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

However, it's just been confirmed by a Corrie spokesperson that Nikki is now not returning to the soap. Nikki was interviewed on ITV's Loose Women programme and denied her return, saying: "I'm not returning - no, not this time." A Corrie spokesman confirmed "The timings of filming didn't work out."

Anyone bovvered?

Status Quo must still be on tour then
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

4. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (19-06-2007)

Surrey is home, Roehampton when i'm at uni
    can't say i'm particularly bothered lol I saw the interview yesterday she is doing quite alot at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    However, it's just been confirmed by a Corrie spokesperson that Nikki is now not returning to the soap. Nikki was interviewed on ITV's Loose Women programme and denied her return, saying: "I'm not returning - no, not this time." A Corrie spokesman confirmed "The timings of filming didn't work out."

Anyone bovvered?

Status Quo must still be on tour then
    thank god she was rubbish

Thread Information