Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bradley Walsh to make Street return

Bradley Walsh to make Street return

Former Corrie knicker factory boss Danny Baldwin is set for a return later this year.

Last year, Bradley Walsh signed a golden handcuffs deal with ITV which included promises of a chat show, a variety of dramas and a return to the Street.

The pilot for the chat show flopped, while there have only been rumours of a Minder re-make in the pipeline. Corrie bosses have indicated that they are keen for the 46-year-old actor to return, but no earlier than originally planned.

A Coronation Street spokesperson told DS today: "A Weatherfield return has always been on the cards for Bradley, but it won’t be until the back end of this year."

Meanwhile, a Street source confirmed: "Bradley was always going to come back, but execs haven’t asked him to return early. They haven’t even written any of his storylines yet."

It has been suggested that the character would make his Rovers return to coincide with the death of existing factory co-owner Paul Connor, played by Sean Gallagher, and the end of the summer.

Last week, Gallagher sensationally quit the Cobbles after only five months.

A report in a Sunday tabloid today suggested that Danny’s return would only be for three months, but the storyline will be "real dynamite".
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Hmm well if he only comes back for 3 months I wonder what he will be doing

It makes most sense to bring him back to co-inside with Paul Connor leaving like it was suggested, but i don't really see why as it wasn't like Paul took the factory as he said to Liam and Carla he paid over the odds for it.
    I can't see him coming back just to see Jamie though either. And maybe Leanne may still be able but surely he would have moved on by then.

Thanks To Vicky For My Fab Banner!!!

Sounds a bit strange to me, as above he doesnt have much reason to come bk. I was pleased when he finally left.

so if paul dies who will take over Underworld will be his wife and Liam. now that would be funny they will be arguing at each other all the time.

Maybe they will do an EE and bring Mike Baldwin back from the dead
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Only coming back for three months? Is it worth it? sounds like Corrie are following in EE's footsteps and bring back a popular character to boost the show.

Thanking the fabulous TAbbie, for the banner!

In fairness, he always said he would return for 3 months, and he is, and it's hardly up there with sensational returns like Grunt's. I agree though that it's a little pointless him returning, especially for upto 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbanana View Post
    Only coming back for three months? Is it worth it? sounds like Corrie are following in EE's footsteps and bring back a popular character to boost the show.
    Well at least he wasnt dead for 12 years before his comeback
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkbanana View Post
    Well at least he wasnt dead for 12 years before his comeback

I was referring to Grunt. As Dirty Den came back after erm...quite a long break in which time he did seem to come back from the dead...it happens.. well in 'pick me up' mag!

Anyhow, Den was back for longer than three months (so you cant really compare it to Walsh's three month stint ) and might still have been there had he not lived up to his erm....DIRTY Den name sooooooo spectacularly.
    Last edited by Pinkbanana; 04-03-2007 at 18:38.

Thanking the fabulous TAbbie, for the banner!

Thread Information