Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Denise Osbourne returns!

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Yes, I donĀ“t think anyone on here and other forums from what I have seen had any doubt she would be back as his mother so can't see too many viewers being disappointed by early spoilers. It was all expected for most
    Yes, agreed, Perdy. Mind you it was a bit of a coincidence she should turn up just at that point when Daniel was back there with Ken.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

lizann (31-05-2017), Perdita (31-05-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Yes, agreed, Perdy. Mind you it was a bit of a coincidence she should turn up just at that point when Daniel was back there with Ken.
    To be honest, that was a master stroke for me, I did not expect Denise to just let herself into the flat just then, that did surprise me. Well done Corrie as far as I am concerned

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

deeCee (01-06-2017)

so she makes no contact with daniel for 7 years and starts a new life elsewhere and then shows up when he returns to the old home with ken

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

parkerman (01-06-2017), swmc66 (01-06-2017), tammyy2j (01-06-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    so she makes no contact with daniel for 7 years and starts a new life elsewhere and then shows up when he returns to the old home with ken
    This just don't seem like Denise of old, who loved Daniel, it was always her and him, she even tried to keep Ken away

returning again?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    returning again?
    Doubtful according to producer but you never know....

Coronation Street boss Iain MacLeod has discussed Denise Osbourne's absence amid Daniel and Sinead Osbourne's devastating cancer storyline.

The ITV soap will air Sinead's final scenes next week, which will see Sinead (Katie McGlynn) pass away peacefully with Daniel (Rob Mallard) and baby Bertie by her side.

But while the Barlows and the Tinkers have rallied together in recent weeks following Sinead's terminal diagnosis, there's been one key figure missing in the form of Daniel's mother Denise (Denise Black).

"We've thought about it but I think the direction we wanted to go was focusing on the characters that we already have," he told Digital Spy and other media.

"I also felt that there is enough emotional complexity for Daniel just in the simplicity in what we've done, and adding in a whole layer of other mummy issues probably would've muddied the waters.

"But never say never, that's certainly an interesting background relationship that has been so informative. That whole relationship is so formative for that character, so it's certainly not out of the question."

Daniel's mother Denise was first introduced back in 1992, and was last seen onscreen in 2017.

Coronation Street started airing Sinead's cancer storyline last year and her heartbreaking end was confirmed last month when it was revealed that her illness was terminal, having spread to her lymph nodes and liver.

Discussing the show's decision to kill off Sinead, MacLeod explained that they had always planned a tragic ending for the character.

"When I started, Katie [McGlynn] and I spoke at length about what the right ending would be," he said.

"Life does sometimes take an unbelievably cruel turn. We both felt that was the most responsible way to end the story rather than, as sometimes happens in soap, people miraculously recover from a terrible illness as if it never happened.

"Telling the tough version was the right version to tell."

Thread Information