Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EE airs 1 hour special (contains spoilers)

EE airs 1 hour special (contains spoilers)

There's an explosive special edition of EastEnders coming up in a few weeks' time, and not only does it boast a gripping storyline, but there's also a familiar face cropping up.

Burn Gorman, who recently starred as randy medic Owen Harper in Doctor Who spin-off Torchwood, features as groom-to-be Jed.

He is found by a moping Kevin (Phil Daniels), who is contemplating the state of his life after the revelation he's not Deano (Matt Di Angelo) or Carly's (Kellie Shirley) biological father.

However, Jed tells his new acquaintance he's been stitched up by his pals on his stag night and has to get back home.

The kind-hearted Walford resident wonders whether to give Jed some money, but before he has the chance, the other man scarpers with Kevin's bag.

Unfortunately, the thief doesn't get the chance to gloat - the bus he leaps onto crashes into a lorry, and tragedy ensues.

It's not Burn's only foray into soapland.

The rising star has previously appeared in Coronation Street, way back in 1998.

Since then, he has featured in TV hits such as Bleak House, and had a small role on the big screen in Layer Cake.

The hour-long edition of EastEnders airs on Friday, March 9.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rain_ For This Useful Post:

Amber (22-02-2007), cathy1978 (05-03-2007), Chloe-Elise (03-03-2007), Dutchgirl (22-02-2007), Katy (22-02-2007), Sam-Elle (22-02-2007), Siobhan (21-02-2007)

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    "explosive" and "gripping" hmmmm we have been around that block a few times LOL
    But it does sound good

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Why is Kevin only just contemplating life though seeing as he's known for years that hes not their father, unless its more to do with their acceptance of the fact.

I don't know if I'd care to watch a one hour special just surrounding Kevin though.

I do like these specials that focus on a few characters, i think it will be good to see the end of the kevin saga, whether an hour is too long we will have to wait and see.

ooh cant wait I love burn...... and even if it isnt a hour I still want to see it.

A location episode; I don't think EastEnders is really capable of those any more. It's almost like they're putting a 'big' storyline around an extra like Winston, which wouldn't get very many viewers. I feel it could be better if somehow, whilst Kevin was away, he found out who the biological Dad's were to the kids, because Shirley only said that the first name of Carly's was Danny.

when I saw the title of this thread I thought what was in it was going to be good. To be honest I don't think this sounds particularly great. My viewing of EastEdners is rapidly decreasing.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJodi View Post
    "explosive" and "gripping" hmmmm we have been around that block a few times LOL
    ]
    My thoughts exactliy. I will miss it though. I have to watch some paint dry that night. Sounds like EEs usual excuse to fill in missing holes in another plotline. Get Kevin to explain all to a complete stranger yeh Rihght

I suppose we will have Winston starring in a special 'Winston Week' where he explains to a passing Japenese tourist why 'Shell never returned for her brother or mothers funerals.

Sounds like more TOSH
    Last edited by alan45; 23-02-2007 at 08:17.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Alan

Just hope it doesn't clash with Corrie as it is bound to effect their ratings with this gripping storyline....

Well I for one am looking forward to watching it...

Al, you must have plenty of time on your hands if you spend your time watching paint dry... lol

Thanking the fabulous TAbbie, for the banner!

Thread Information