Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how long?

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Lets not confuse the issue please!

Conception takes place in the majority of cases, during the second week following the females period. At the time of conception, you are classed as 2 weeks pregnant as it is 2 weeks since you first started your period.

A baby can be born at 38 weeks and be perfectly healthy JB, but a baby can also be born at 42 weeks and be severely ill (like my brother was at birth). Weight, size, and development all come into play aswell as other factors. No one birth is the same and no one pregnancy is the same either.

Being born at 32 weeks Rain, can still mean a stay in SCBU due to underdeveloped lungs and other organs of the baby, although it can also not be required.

The majority of births happen between 38 weeks and 42 weeks gestation. Inducement of labours dont normally occur, unless for major medical reasons until 38 weeks or after to try and ensure that there are no problems incurred.

Your sister in law and yourself should still hope that your niece is not born for a few weeks yet.

If it's due in May, she should be over another 4 weeks at the earliest. I was born on 13th January instead of 13th March and everyone thought I was going to die.

A baby's head can be engaged (lying upside down) anytime Shazza it depens on how comfy the little one gets, some babies prefer to lie in the breach position and years ago they use to try and turn the babies. When I was pregnant Marley's head was engaged about 28 weeks and she was two weeks overdue. The baby will come when its good and ready.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Yep when that little baby is ready it will come. Imagine how your sisiter in law is feeling Shaza, it really does drag when your carrying around a heavy bump all day! And when others used to say to me god this is really dragging, i used to think god you arent the one with the all day sickness, constant dizzy spells, the constant peeing and the baby kicking you in the ribs all bloody day!

Be Patient Shaza, remember the waiting around will be worth it when you finally see your niece and get that first cuddle

oh yeah dont get me wrong as much as i cant wait for her to be born, and to be made an auntie. i dont want to see her until shes nice and healthy and totally fit enough to enter the real world
    Maisie Mouse

when my aunt was pregant with my youngest cousin her head was engaged for two weeks before the brth and we all thought she was going to go into labour any day but a week after the due date my aunt was induced and my cousin was in the breach position wen she was born. shes not the healthist of children now in fact shes far from it. but still proved us all wrong wen we thought shed go into early labour because the babies head is engaged.

Thread Information