Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EE 5 nights a week

From the BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6371239.stm
    No EastEnders increase 'for now'

In 2001, a fourth weekly episode of the soap was added on Fridays
    The BBC has refused to rule out a fifth episode each week for long-running soap EastEnders, but says it will not change the scheduling in the near future.
    The Sun reported that the extra show was being considered to bring EastEnders in line with Coronation Street, seen five times a week on ITV1.

"There are no imminent plans to increase the number of episodes," a BBC spokesman said.

"However, we are constantly examining our schedules for possibilities."

He added: "At any one time, a whole host of options are under consideration for BBC One."

EastEnders is currently seen on BBC One every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, with an omnibus on Sunday.

Coronation Street has a double bill each Monday, with further episodes on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

all i can say is the effort should be put into improving the crap their dishing out at the moment,rather than wasting money making an extra half hours garbage

Hmm.. if it went up against Corrie, I know for one which one I'd watch And not bother catching the 10pm repeat. Bad idea, even if it isn't competing against Corrie. I'd just get bored.. I get bored on Thursdays to be honest, and want it over.. nothing to do with the boring storylines at the moment of course

This is so annoying it will mess up my routine!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by callummc View Post
    all i can say is the effort should be put into improving the crap their dishing out at the moment,rather than wasting money making an extra half hours garbage
    Did you know it costs £50 million a year to make.

I wonder how much they pay in landfill tax

All soaps not EE should go back to being on two or three nights a week. Not only would it encourage more viewers to watch it but with there being so many episodes on in one week is causing not only the storylines to suffer but the quality of acting as the actors are not having enough time to learn the scripts. If the soaps were to free up some air time then they could show some more quality drama's like spooks, walking the dead that at present are only shown for a few weeks once a year. At least the public wouldn't complain as much at the price of the licence fee.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

Pinkbanana (18-02-2007)

It seems yonks since I sat down to watch EE on Tuesday and Thursday, Corrie on Monday and Wednesday, and Emmerdale Farm on Monday and Thursday, with dollops of Crossroads and Brookie inbetween.

I love my dose of EE but 5 days a week would be overkill.. i think it was overkill with corrie and Emmerdale as it is, just adding another 5 day a week soap it just too much... EE should go back to 3 days a week.. quality over quanity and it would get its viewers back
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I love my dose of EE but 5 days a week would be overkill.. i think it was overkill with corrie and Emmerdale as it is, just adding another 5 day a week soap it just too much... EE should go back to 3 days a week.. quality over quanity and it would get its viewers back

Emmerdale has managed the transition to 6 episodes a week very successfully as has Corrie with 5. The problem with EE is that it keeps coming up with daft storylines that cause fans to switch off or not care whether or not they even watch it. EE has some excellent actors who are not given the chance to shine in favour of young new 'talent' who are not brought in for their acting abilities but merely as eye candy to please a certain section of their core audience. THe latest brainwave that sees an 80 year old chain smoker who has been diagnosed with cancer adopt a child proves the point.

When neighbours and home and away both arrived on these shores they were shown 5 times a week twice a day and were extrememly popular.

By all means show EE 5 days a week if they can get decent scriptwriters but to cut it back to 2 episodes a week with the crew they have now will not improve it

I remember how it went downhill when it frst went to four days, i think this is a terrible idea, especially that time of night. I think for soaps like Home and Away a daily half hour works, but in the evening i think less is more personally. I for one think it would be easier to watch if it was on less.

Thread Information