Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: EE 5 nights a week

I say 3 times a week. Mind you, Brookie always stayed at three times a week and that still went downhill.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'Brien View Post
    I think the quality of acting and writing or stories and plots would greatly improve if the soaps were pulled back to twice a week. That goes for Corrie, Hollyoaks, Emmerdale and EE.
    Corrie and Emmerdale have both shown that its possible to have a succesful five or six episode soap. They have great writers and storylines at the moment EE is stuggling to even produce one decent episode per week
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Cool EE too bad for 5 Nights a week

PLANS to screen EastEnders five nights a week might be scrapped — because the show is too weak.

BBC director general Mark Thompson yesterday said the soap needed to be “strengthened” and take more risks.

And he added plans for a fifth episode — revealed by The Sun — are on hold. He said: “My biggest focus is making sure we’ve got quality and consistency.

“I won’t rule out looking at five episodes — but the most important thing right now is getting the programme strengthened.” EastEnders — whose stars include June Brown who plays Dot Branning — has seen ratings drop to a record low in May of four million viewers.

Mr Thompson’s revelation came as the corporation admitted audiences were fed-up with the BBC’s lack of ideas and risk taking.

Fom todays Sun http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...300630,00.html

Oh Dear

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    PLANS to screen EastEnders five nights a week might be scrapped — because the show is too weak.

BBC director general Mark Thompson yesterday said the soap needed to be “strengthened” and take more risks.

And he added plans for a fifth episode — revealed by The Sun — are on hold. He said: “My biggest focus is making sure we’ve got quality and consistency.

“I won’t rule out looking at five episodes — but the most important thing right now is getting the programme strengthened.” EastEnders — whose stars include June Brown who plays Dot Branning — has seen ratings drop to a record low in May of four million viewers.

Mr Thompson’s revelation came as the corporation admitted audiences were fed-up with the BBC’s lack of ideas and risk taking.

Oh Dear
    Great news!!!!!!!!

Shows that the BBC care about EE so much they want quailty above anything else!

Unlike ITV who pimp Corrie and Emmerdale nonstop.

Well done BBC. Showing how much you love and respect EastEnders.

Five episodes would have been too much.

GREAT DAY FOR EE!!!!!

I agree that this is good news. It's quality we want, not quantity and it shows that the BBC want the quality of Eastenders back before they increase episodes, it's a good decision.

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**

OMG are the BBC finally listening to the viewers at last!! Wonders will never cease!

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Blue View Post

Oh Dear
    Great news!!!!!!!!

GREAT DAY FOR EE!!!!!

Why do you again have to bring ITV into your arguments, This thread is about EE. The DG of the BBC has admitted that the soap is not good enough to be on 5 nights per week. There was nothing in the post mentioning about Emmerdale, Corrie or ITV. Personally I feel that EE isnt even strong enough for the number of episodes its showing at the minute. They havent got the quality or the consistency that the DG requires

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Blue View Post

Oh Dear
    Great news!!!!!!!!

GREAT DAY FOR EE!!!!!

Why do you again have to bring ITV into your arguments, This thread is about EE. The DG of the BBC has admitted that the soap is not good enough to be on 5 nights per week. There was nothing in the post mentioning about Emmerdale, Corrie or ITV. Personally I feel that EE isnt even strong enough for the number of episodes its showing at the minute. They havent got the quality or the consistency that the DG requires
    Your acting like this is a bad thing.

Its a great thing.

Things not going your way!

poor baby. Go and find some school girl to bully. Your good at that.

Thread Information