Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revamp For THE BILL :rotfl:

Revamp For THE BILL :rotfl:

Revamp For The Bill

13th January 2007

ITV flagship cop show The Bill is to be sensationally revamped this Summer â€" and will even be given a new name.

The Samantha Nixon Show will replace the current title of The Bill from June, and will feature the much-loved and ballsy Detective Inspector.

Executive Producer Johnathan Young said "We're thrilled that we're delving into a new chapter of The Bill - that will focus mainly on one of our most popular characters."

The series, starring Lisa Maxwell, will focus on the life, loves and career of DI Samantha Nixon. She will appear in every scene of all 104 episodes that will air every year. ITV recently signed the show for the next 20 years in a deal worth about £500 million.

Star Lisa Maxwell said "I'm delighted that at the age of 42 I will be the star of the show. It's been my main objective since I came in nearly five years ago to have the show named after my character."

A source close to the show said that all future storylines will feature Sam, and include her romancing Phil Hunter and Jo Masters, and will also feature her running both uniform and CID. One source said "We wanted Sam to have so much screentime so we've axed the character of Gina Gold to make way for more of Sam."

Episode titles will also be reinstated with each episode having the prefix of "Sam". One episode will be called "Sam's Saves The Day!" and will feature the beloved DI crack an International drug-smuggling ring single-handedly. Another episode, provisionally called "Sam Goes on Holiday" will be an exciting two-part cross-over with Midsomer Murders but will not feature series star John Nettles. Instead, Lisa Maxwell will take over the lead role, but no other main characters will feature. Rumours are rife that if she proves a hit with viewers, Maxwell will take over that show full-time as well.

Worried cast members of The Bill were told their jobs were at risk after Maxwell signed a massive £40 million contract with the show. One star, who did not want to be named, said "We're pissing our pants. We're really worried that if we fall out with Lisa, our jobs will be at risk. In fact, we've been told that we will no longer have dressing rooms because Lisa needs so many. We're going to have to use the Thames to ourselves between scenes. We've even been told no to look at her."

ITV confirmed the changes to the programme but refused to speculate on the future of the actors.

The new revamped series will air from 13th June.

Spoiler:
    Sorry to disappoint the Sam Nixon fan club. This is only a joke which was sent to me from another web site
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Bryan (09-02-2007), callummc (22-01-2008), DaVeyWaVey (09-02-2007), Katy (09-02-2007)

that is really funny alan. at first i thought you had made it up! sometimes it can seem like the sam nixon show!
    POOKIE

thats brilliant, it took about two paragraphs to work out you were having us on. The bizarre things that happen these days it may well have been true.

That is so funny! For one moment Alan, i thought you were being serious, but after going onto read the 3rd paragraph i realised it was a joke

Quote Originally Posted by DaVeyWaVey View Post
    That is so funny! For one moment Alan, i thought you were being serious, but after going onto read the 3rd paragraph i realised it was a joke
    I cant take the credit for writing it. It was sent to me by someone who knows how I feel about Samantha Smug

I don't watch The Bill, but found that really funny. Well written

lol this was on sierra oscar or one of the other bill sites a little while ago and caused a huge problem on there lol they all complained about it as it was taking the mickey, i think its quite funny

take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time

9. The Following User Says Thank You to samantha nixon For This Useful Post:

alan45 (09-02-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by samantha nixon View Post
    lol this was on sierra oscar or one of the other bill sites a little while ago and caused a huge problem on there lol they all complained about it as it was taking the mickey, i think its quite funny
    Glad I didnt upset you
    Well if you think its funny then it must be funny I know she is your hero but I think the writer was very witty and summed up what a lot of people feel about The Bill

I actually thought it was true until I read the part about them sacking Gina Gold and then I thought WTF.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

This is quite funny! I can't agree sometimes she takes over the show as i haven't seen that... but i enjoyed that!

Thread Information