Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dot Threatens to Quit Depressing Eastenders

It depends.. sometimes you have comic character which is funny all the time (which is suppose to be Gary) then you have the ones who don't think they are funny but come out with comic stuff (they tried with Honey and failed) When shane richie first came in.. he provide that light relief.. maybe another like him
    Super Mod

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

JustJodi (07-02-2007)

The thing with EE is that they bring in characters to be evil and turn them into wimps. If a character is to be a baddie like nick cotton keep him a baddie. When corrie introduced Charlie or Richard Hilliman we all knew they were going to be wicked. As for June and John voicing their concerns they are right to show concern, its depressing enough for viewers to watch EE imaging what the actors must feel like working there. They need to find the right balance between light relief and serious issues. Make the young actors earn their experience by giving them gritty storylines to see if they can cope and let Jim & Dot enjoy their time sitting in the Vic.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    It depends.. sometimes you have comic character which is funny all the time (which is suppose to be Gary) then you have the ones who don't think they are funny but come out with comic stuff (they tried with Honey and failed) When shane richie first came in.. he provide that light relief.. maybe another like him
    My thoughts exactly, Shane Richie provided charm and wittyness, calling Peggy the Duchess and all that sort of stuff, even together with Kat there was banter.
    Hope some of the scriptwriters bother with reading some spoiler boards to see what viewers want.

Hopefully the threat of losing characters as big as Dot and Jim will force them to add a bit more light relief.

I remember Billys wedding was OTT but it was so funny. It was good to watch. More moments like that, like Em said norris in Corrie is a prime example of how a comedy character should work.

As I have said many times on many places. When Alfie Moon first appeared on Albert Square I thought at last EE has got its act right. He was the epitome of the cheeky cockney. He brought a great mixture of comedy and drama into the square. Of course the scriptwriters couldnt cope with this so they ruined his character. Johnny Allen was a scary guy they also ruined. The Mitchell bruvvas are just walking jokes. Barbara Windsor is a pantomime parody of all that is false about EE. As for Sharon Watts this prima donna flits in and out of the show as she sees fit.

If EE are foolish enough not to heed the views of June Brown then they will discover the viewers will vote with their remote controls. Not everyone gives a stuff about the WICKses or the latest fiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttt actor/actress that EE have conned into joining the team.

Think you idiots THINK
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

If John wants to quit, why is he bothered that June held up the filming? If it's so boring that he wants to leave, why should it be filmed. He can't be wanting to leave because of her, surely?

As long as Pat sticks around, i'm happy!
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Well if all else fails the can resurrect DEN he will know what to do. Then later on Miss Piggy will make yet another return follwed by the chuckle bruvvas

"Ello princess........ er again"
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_2k7 View Post
    "Ello princess........ er again"
    Well it pleased a lot of EE fanatics. Den does a Lazurus again

No matter what *******e they think would win more viewers they would try it. The could get Helen Mirren and Judi Dench on to it only to make fools of them when La Bella Donna Miss Piggy gets bored with panto. Who is she sleeping with

Thread Information