As many of you will probably know I have a family wedding comming up in August. My nephew is getting married in a castle near Edinburgh its to be a big posh doo but I'm after some advice. This is the story.

The Bride Claire: is 23 sadly her mother died 5 years ago from breast cancer and the only family she has is her dad and brother those she does have an aunt, uncle and cousins.

The wedding party was to be Claire, Gary (the groom), best man,(gary's best friend) chief bridesmaid (claire's cousin) two other bridesmaids (gary's sisters) a flower girl (Marley) and a page boy (gary's son).

The problem is my sister(Annette) the grooms mother she is trying to take over the arrangements and claire is stressed out and is too nice to tell her future mother-in-law to butt out. It started out with the wedding cars. Claire & Gary have hired 2 cars, 1 for claire and her dad the other for the bridesmaides and flowergirl. The men are spending the night before in a hotel in town, they have also arrange for a coach to pick up the other guests. That would have been fine but my sister has decided that she is going in the car beside the bridesmaids, so claire tried to be diplomatic saying that there would not be enough space they would have to get a taxi. My sister butts in you can't put marley in a taxi on her own. (by the way Marley is a 8 year old child) Claire tried nicely to say to her that she could go in the taxi, but my sister refused to go in a taxi she wants them to hire an additional wedding car for her but they're over £200 so now claire has to move her chief bridesmaid into the car with her and her dad to make room for my sister, which I think is all wrong. I have had a word with my sister before about her interferance but she said but claire hasn't got her mum. I tried to point out to her that claire doesn't want her to be her mum, she wants her to be a friend.

The other problem is her behaviour she is fine sober but drunk she is a nightmare. Last weekend gary and claire had his best man and his wife and kids round for drinks as it was his birthday a couple of weeks ago. Anyway gary's friend michael is a muslim and when he left the room to go for a drink Annette was drunk on wine turned to her boyfriend and I won't tell you what she said. I'll trust you intelligence on what she said. Gary went mental at her but claire is really paranoid that she starts saying things aobut other guest at the wedding although she said she is not drinking. I believe pigs will fly first. Anyway sorry for moaning but I said to claire that I would have a word with her about her behaviour and try and get her to go on the coach with the other guest.

My questions is who does the grooms mother normally travel with and how do I tell her that she stressing the bride out. I promised claire that I would not drag her into it so do I tell her straight or do I try and be subtle about it. her and my nephew had an argument a few weeks ago and she said that she was not going to the wedding. Personally I think that she is peed of that she is not going to be the centre of attention and this is getting to her but there is no way she is going to ruin this day. So advice would be greatly appreciated. 'Once again sorry for waffling on