Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: End of an era as Trudie leaves Bill

End of an era as Trudie leaves Bill

The Bill will reach the end of an era in early March when actress Trudie Goodwin (June Ackland) departs the show after 23 years.

She is staying quiet about how she leaves the series, but Trudie has revealed a few of the highlights in store.

"I can't tell you the outcome, but June has met this new man," she said. "A very sensible, very nice headmaster and she's agreed to marry him. Both of them decide to take early retirement and enjoy what time they have left."

Of course, nothing is ever that easy in Britain's longest-running cops and robbers series.

"She has it all set up that they're going to retire to this cottage in the Cotswolds, and two days before she's due to go, Jim suddenly turns up."

It's obvious ex-husband Jim Carver (Mark Wingett) still gets her a little hot under the collar, and fate plays an interesting part in their relationship.

"They're thrown together just by chance. She goes and joins him on a case and they're put in a very dangerous situation.

"She suddenly wonders if she's doing the right thing. It's down to the last minute who she's going to go off with."

Viewers will have to wait and see the result of June's decision.

Her final episode airs on March 8.

Thanks To Vicky For My Fab Banner!!!

i wonder who she will go off into the sunset with? i cant imagine her going back to jim though as there is too much water under the bridge.
    POOKIE

Could be Rod, the man that got attacked at the school the other week

Thanks To Vicky For My Fab Banner!!!

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Nah, she won't go with Jim, like you said Pookie far too much water under the bridge there. She'll set off on her new life, with her new guy I think.

I think it will be Jimbo. She was all set to forgive him over the money and the alcholism only he bottled it in the end. The situation they get involved in involves
    Spoiler:
    guns and a hostage situation
    . I have alraedy posted some deatils on the Bill spoilers threads
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

the bill wont be the same without June. It will be weird seeing Jim back.,

The last of the original cast from the very first episode to go. Couldn't make it as long as Ken Barlow!

I will miss her. She has been a great character through the years. Realistically portrayed by Trudie (except for the Chimp episodes DAMN YOU MARQUESS). She fitted in well on her promotion to Sergeant.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

The Bill won't be the same with out Trudie in it. Let's hope they give her a happy send off. I'd hate for her character to be killed off

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Same here, she deserves a happy ending.

I don't watch The Bill much anymore, having watched since day 1 - it fell out of favour with me when it turned from a Police Drama, into a soap/sitcom. I do keep in touch with events regularly though, and I was very sad when I heard Trudie was leaving. She will be sorely missed.

See the following link to snippets of the first episode in 1984, including June and Jim halfway through the clip!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Richie_lecturer For This Useful Post:

alan45 (04-02-2007), parkerman (04-02-2007)

Thread Information