Page 110 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1180

Thread: How Was Your Day? #3

My business teacher gave a presentation to Year 10 on Northern Ireland this afternoon. He was doing a favour for another teacher because he served there during the Troubles but he had us as well.

I was almost crying when he told them about how he saw his friend get blown to pieces and another one lose his hand from a roadside bomb on New Year's Eve in 1988. The lad who lost a hand had multiple cuts and he died within fifteen minutes of the bomb going off. His wife arrived a few minutes after midnight, only five minutes after he died. She lifted the blanket and said "I came to wish you happy new year" then left.

I've started some revision. My mum isn't too happy with the 40-odd pieces of paper with physics formulae on that are on my walls. I haven't told her that there is lots more still to go up All she seems to be bothered about is the blu-tack pulling the paint off the walls or leaving marks and damaging the wardrobe with sellotape Good job it's parent's evening next Wednesday, I can pass the blame on to my teacher

I'm really getting into this revision lark, I lay in bed on a night and I get really happy when I look at my 40 pages of formulae on the walls. Then I read my biology text book and I get even happier The best thing is, I've only had the sheets up a few days and I'm already memorizing things. I walk around the house reciting formulae in my head

Seeing the cardiologist on Wednesday. Maybe after two years they might decide if I actually have something wrong with my heart. Personally, I'm not bothered either way. I've survived 18 years without dropping dead and there's no treatment for WPW so why worry about it? It'll just be another diagnosis to add to my list and another thing that stops me from doing things
    Last edited by Abigail; 19-11-2007 at 23:55.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Sunderland, Tyne And Wear, United Kingdom
    Woke up this morning let the cat outside turned back round

BANG! Into a door broken nose

Stupid cat

that must have hurt. Hope you're ok now.
    Thanks CrazyLea

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

Wizardardo (20-11-2007)

Yeah I'll live just got a nose like a quaver

You got no college or anything today?

I'm in this afternoon. Our day is a bit wierd. We have lessons from 9am until 11am then from 1pm to 3pm. We also get two days off during the week. Mine are split, one full day (Wednesday) and a morning and afternoon.

Got physics this afternoon. I'm in no mood for it, I just want to go to bed.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Should have been down the pub with the 2 spare hours. Amateur student

I should have done an A2 past paper for this afternoon in my spare two hours but I couldn't be bothered. I'll just tell my teacher I've been revising in other ways, which I have.

I broke a William's bottle in biology this morning. We were making Agar jelly to grow cultures and we had to sterilise the top of it in a bunsen. I left mine in the heat for too long, the neck of the bottle melted and fell off and my Agar solution went all over the desk.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Quote Originally Posted by jelly belly View Post
    I should have done an A2 past paper for this afternoon in my spare two hours but I couldn't be bothered. I'll just tell my teacher I've been revising in other ways, which I have.

I broke a William's bottle in biology this morning. We were making Agar jelly to grow cultures and we had to sterilise the top of it in a bunsen. I left mine in the heat for too long, the neck of the bottle melted and fell off and my Agar solution went all over the desk.

Keep at it Einstein you'll make that new world famous perfume eventually

Had a good day yesterday and today.. This boy I think is pretty cute came around to pick some notes Made my day haha.. Revision is going alright.. First exam tomorrow, ICT then Business..
    Only downside is that I am feeling ill and I think I'm losing my voice like I did a month ago.. Not good, I hope my cough dosen't get in the way of my exam because then it's a disaster personally.. Don't know what to do about that but taking some Ibrophen (sp?)..
    Back to revision! x

Quote Originally Posted by .:SpIcYsPy:. View Post
    Had a good day yesterday and today.. This boy I think is pretty cute came around to pick some notes Made my day haha.. Revision is going alright.. First exam tomorrow, ICT then Business..
    Only downside is that I am feeling ill and I think I'm losing my voice like I did a month ago.. Not good, I hope my cough dosen't get in the way of my exam because then it's a disaster personally.. Don't know what to do about that but taking some Ibrophen (sp?)..
    Back to revision! x
    Aw bless ya. Very bust of luck with your exams I'm sure you'll be fine. All you can do is your best

A cough doesn't hamper your chances unless of course your doing a singing exam lol

For a cough my family have always used Apple Cider Vinegar. It's an old trend in our family and is highly successful. Give it a try trust me i almost guarantee it will be practically gone by tomorrow

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wizardardo For This Useful Post:

.:SpIcYsPy:. (20-11-2007)

Thread Information