Thread: Family Affairs star set for Street

Family Affairs star set for Street

Right Guys i'm sure i've read this before on here, but had a quick glance and can't see it so i though i would post it, don't go mad at me if there is already a post around about this.

Soap veteran Barbara Young is to join the cast of Coronation Street next week.

Family Affairs fans will remember her as Sadie Hargreaves-Lloyd, one of the longest-serving characters in five's now defunct serial.

She also played Miss Barnett in an episode of Doctors last year.

In August 2006, the veteran actress appeared in Holby City.

Barbara will return to the Street on February 5 as Doreen Fenwick, a mystery woman who incurs Norris Cole's wrath during a trip to the Kabin.

She proceeds to chat up Bill Webster and leaves Cole in a fluster.

Later that night, she returns to the shop and Rita is delighted to be reunited with Doreen, who turns out to be an old pal.

Corrie fans who think they have seen her before in Weatherfield would be right.

Back in 1981 she played a character called Dot Stockwell.

She also appeared in the classic medical soap Angels.

Thanks To Vicky For My Fab Banner!!!

LOL another ex family affairs member joining Corrie we already have Rupert Hall (aka Jamie baldwin aka Cameron). All we need now is Gary Webster...

A Very Sexy and Brilliant Actor

There popping up all over the place these ex family affairs, i knew it wouldnt be long, i thought there would be more down south as thats where FA was set but oh well. I quite liked Sadie and i love the older residents of the street, so i think she will be a good addition.

Thread Information