Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shirley Carter

New "Bad Girl" For Eastenders Shirley

Taken From Digital Spy

A new 'bad girl' is soon to be walking the streets of Walford.

Actress Linda Henry - most famous for her role as Yvonne Atkins in ITV prison drama Bad Girls between 1999 and 2003 - has landed a similar part in EastEnders.

Linda is to play Shirley, the brassy, rough, tarty and tough-as-old-boots ex of Kevin Wicks (Phil Daniels).

Shirley's son and daughter, Deano (Matt Di Angelo) and Carly (Kellie Shirley), bump into their mother while on holiday. They haven't seen her since she left a few years ago, so there's a lot of catching up to do with plenty of questions to be asked - and buckets of tears to be shed.

The estranged mother then decides to move onto the Square herself to make amends with her family.

Linda's previous roles include Birds of a Feather, The Bill, Cracker, A Touch of Frost and, ironically, last year played Shirley alongside Danny Dyer in The Business.

Of her new role, Linda said: "I'm thrilled to be joining EE. I'm both nervous and excited as I've watched it for many years."

The former Larkhall actress starts filming with EastEnders next week and looks to be on-screen in December, making her debut on the Square itself early 2007.

Brrilliant! i love her, she was fantastic in bad girls and i cant wait for her to join EE! thanks for posting

fantastic, she is a brill actress!

Should be a good addition to the cast i loved her in Bad Girls. I heard ages ago she was joining as Jane's sister who would be a love interest for Phil.

Erg! I just know I'm gonna hate this. Why do they always have to take in every family member that is ever mentioned, could they not just leave it as it was. I mean, why would she suddenly decide to come and stay in the square? I don't think I'm gonna be able to handle this storyline. Also, where is she going to stay? I wasn't aware there was a house free. She better not end up staying at Pat's because with her history, even if Deano and Carly wanted her there, Kevin would not let it happen.

I find it silly too! There's just too many new characters!

i dont have a clue who she is has i never watch bad girls but why all these new characters

Quote Originally Posted by crazygirl
    i dont have a clue who she is has i never watch bad girls but why all these new characters
    I've hardly seen it myself, but i've just been on DS and saw her photograph, and she is very famous. You might know her when you see her. She is a good actress!

Has anyone seen the film Beautiful Thing?! I did it for Film Studies a couple of years ago. She's in that. I did really like it.

This is the best casting in years ! She is a proper Eastender in the making !! Rough Gritty and perfect for the role !!

Great Love Love Love Love Love

Quote Originally Posted by littlemo
    I've hardly seen it myself, but i've just been on DS and saw her photograph, and she is very famous. You might know her when you see her. She is a good actress!

Has anyone seen the film Beautiful Thing?! I did it for Film Studies a couple of years ago. She's in that. I did really like it.
    ive just been on DS and yes i do recognise her face now

Thread Information