Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 Nations 2007

Sunday 4th Feb has on BBC is:

Wales v Ireland (Kick off 3pm)

I'm going to miss the match
    Come on Wales!!!

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Like I said before, why bring back Johnny?! Stupid, ridiculous and daft! He'll be injured out during the first match no doubt! Pointless

Everyone is saying Ireland, the back of the Irish Post says the weekend where Ireland mayu create History winning the Grand Slam. I tink theres far to much pressure, what if they really stuff up the opener, i hope they dont and i for one hope they can win, but theres so much publicity that im sure the players are a ware of and whether it will affent there play.
    I have the Ireland flag in the window as well, all prepared. Im, really excited.

Its officially here.

Scotland and England later im watching, mums got her Scotland shirt on.

Will Wilkinson, Farrell and Robinson, be as good as they make out, or will it be a mistake that ashton has been named head coach.

Its so exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Its officially here.

Scotland and England later im watching, mums got her Scotland shirt on.

Will Wilkinson, Farrell and Robinson, be as good as they make out, or will it be a mistake that ashton has been named head coach.

Its so exciting.
    Watching Italy v France at the moment.

Wilkinson will be an interesting one - he's only had 40 mins playing time so far this season, so I am wondering how on earth Ashton felt he could pick him! (Although we are lying short with fly halfs and decent kickers at the moment lol)

Lets hope that everyone doesn't jump on his bandwagon should England lose (or should that be when England lose lol) today and give him a chance to prove himself as Head Coach.

I have the France game on in the backgorundthought the score would be higher by now. Chabels at his usual scary self. Im sure he gets taken by the men in white coats after everygame.

As for Ashton your right people need to give him a chance, a bit like the Irish when Staunton was announced Footie manager. All the specualtion about hoiw he werent up to it without seeing him. Lets hope Jonny doesnt do a Michael owen.

To be honest, I'd far prefer Wilkinson not being in the squad and for once actually agree with Robinson in that he should have been playing for the "A" squad last night at Exeter (great game, would have gone if hubby weren't working ) They need to start looking at their fly half's and kickers and get some new good blood into the squad.

Balshaw being out injured isn't great either at this late stage. If I keep in mind we are going to lose - I'll be happy IF we scraped a win lol.

Too often people dont give the new coach's etc a chance and judge them on the opening game.

I'm surprised Italy are holding France off for so long (although try has just been scored by Dominici) but they have been up and coming since they joined the tournament. They are definitely a team to watch.

Think France will be tough competition, thats it now that final trys been scored therll be off. I dont know why they didnt give Lamb a try as a kicker hes good and young really the six nations is the time to try out new players, expecially with the world cup coming.

My dad said nefore that really England should walk this competition and any other as they have many many more players thabn Wales, Scotland and Ireland. The fact they share a league proves that point. So maybe it is in the sesction. There must be a reason though why Ashton chose to bring back Jonny though. Either that or hes tactically naive.

And another try for France, i think this is set for a pasting.
    Last edited by Katy; 03-02-2007 at 15:09.

Yeah, France will take this now - they're on their roll so that will be it!

England should in theory walk it but maybe having more players doesn't make it easier to pick the better ones. They may play brilliantly in their club side, with their team mates, but put them in an international team, with people who they don't play and train with on a weekly basis and it all goes to pot.

There must be some reason that Ashton brought Jonny back in, but after 40 mins this season, it must be either a damn good reason, or a pretty daft mistake.

lol, yeah and the same with Andy, i mean he was great at league but crossing codes is a challenge. I mean hes not played much union this season but it might work.

Thread Information