Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to play

How to play

Soapboards Deal or No Deal

Object of the game:

To win the most amount of virtual money possible

How to play:

Before you start, I will give each box from 1 to 22 one amount of money, and tell Rob what is in each box (So you know there is no cheating going on!). You will then by asked to pick one of these boxes, as yours.

You start the game by picking 5 boxes to open (You will post the numbers of all 5 boxes in 1 post). After I have told you the contents of these boxes, you will be offered a certain amount of money for the box you chose. The smaller the amount of money in the 5 boxes opened, the more you are likely to be offered, as the odds of you having a large sum of money in your box will increase.

You will then either take this offer, and finish the game with that amount of money, or you will say “No Deal!” and carry on.

After saying No Deal, you will pick 3 more boxes to open (Post all 3 numbers in 1 post). Once again, you will be offered a certain amount of money for your box, therefore you want the contents of the 3 boxes you opened to be low, so you are offered more money by the banker. You will either “Deal” and take this money, and finish the game, or “No Deal” and carry on.

This will continue until you either Deal on an offer from the banker, or 2 boxes are left: The box that is yours, and one other box. You will be offered one more amount of money for your box. You can either take this, or carry on. If you choose to carry on, then you will finish with whatever the contents your box is.

Whatever you finish with will be recorded on the leader board, and whoever is at the top when everyone has played, will be the winner of Deal Or No Deal!

Rules:

1. You must choose all of your boxes you want to open, in one post. For example, you will post the numbers of the 3 boxes you want to open in 1 round, in the same post, and will then be told the contents of each of them.

2. You must respond to your own game within 48hrs of me posting

3. If you have a genuine reason why you did not respond to the game (Genuine meaning PC problems, Personal issues etc), then we will move on to the other players, and come back to your game once everyone else has played. This is so we can let the other people have a go, and not hang around for days at a time. When you resume your game, you will carry on from where you left your game (A new game wont be started)

4. Do not even think about asking myself or Rob about what is in each of the boxes. Abi wont be happy.

5. Please don’t post anything other than what is related to the game, in the thread. Everyone else can talk about the game in the General Discussion thread, and any questions you have can be asked in the Players questions thread.

6. Any money won is virtual money and hence worthless
    Last edited by Meh; 20-01-2007 at 19:52.

when will this game start roughly
    Maisie Mouse

Lea is going to start tonight

What time roughly Abs
    Casualty is on at 8:20

Quote Originally Posted by Abi View Post
    Do not even think about asking myself or Rob about what is in each of the boxes.
    Damn right! Although I'm not adverse to bribes

What if two people are tied at the top of the leaderboard?

I'll have a play off game for all the people who are tied. Everyone who is on the top-spot will play one more time, and whoever gets the highest on this game, will win. That will continue untill there is just the 1 winner.

I'll have a play off game for all the people who are tied. Everyone who is on the top-spot will play one more time, and whoever gets the highest on this game, will win. That will continue untill there is just the 1 winner.
    Oh no! So there is a chance I have to go through that all again. I get so nervous.

Only if someone else ties with you at the top of the leaderboard, lol

Only if someone else ties with you at the top of the leaderboard, lol

For example, erm.........me winning the 250k!

Thanking the fabulous TAbbie, for the banner!

Thread Information