Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Corrie goes up in smoke

I agree. I thought he was better in EE, but not by much. I remember him annoying Ian a lot, and from memory I think he swooned after Kathy.

Quote Originally Posted by brooksyrules View Post
    i think the actor who plays vernon wasnt any good in eastenders either
    Was he in eastneders? Well he must oif been bad I cant remember him.
    I just hope they get rid of him soon.

He was in it as Richard (Tricky Dicky) from 1992 to 1994.

He used to be on Shameless aswell.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Corrie Explosion More Details

There could be more explosive drama than ever in Coronation Street this March, when the residents discover an unexploded World War Two bomb!

The deadly weapon is discovered by Chesney Battersby-Brown, who's trying out Tyrone Dobbs' new metal detector when he stumbles upon it in the Peacock's back garden. And it looks like the cobbles could be blown to smithereens as a bomb disposal unit are called in and the residents evacuated.

A tense time ensues as the crack team work frantically to dispel danger, but for some of the more badly behaved locals, the afternoon provides the opportunity to make mischief – which is bound to lead to fireworks along the line!
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Bomb

There's to be an explosive storyline on Coronation Street and it’s all Chesney Battersby’s fault, says The Daily Star. Chesney (Sam Aston) sets off a bomb alert when he uncovers a World War II shell in the Peacock's garden with his new metal detector.

According to the paper, the Royal Engineers' bomb squad were drafted in to help with this story. Sgt Sean Barton and his men, based at the Carver Barracks in Saffron Walden, Essex, ended up on film. He told the paper: "The producers wanted a bomb that could be exploded in the garden without causing too much damage to surrounding houses. I suggested a small German WW2 bomb. If we came across one in a real situation it is very possible that we would explode it on site rather then risk trying to move it. Then we taught the man who was playing the bomb disposable expert how to examine the shell and explode it”. Click through below for more.

"We provided a real bomb disposal vehicle and drove it up and down the street with the lights flashing. Then we are seen as we go into the garden with the actors and help to detonate the bomb."

Darren Wallis, owner of special effects company Quicksilver FX created an explosion using pieces of cork and dust.

He said: "When the device went off it created the illusion of a large explosion, but really the flames burned for less than three seconds."

Sgt Barton, 34, added: "We were working on the show for two days and it was a great experience. We thought we'd just be advising so it was great to actually get the chance to appear on the show. I'm a great fan and always watch Coronation Street.

"The cast and crew were great and really looked after us"

Thanks To Vicky For My Fab Banner!!!

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Merging with post regarding same storyline

Why can't Vermin detonate the device?

Thread Information