Quote Originally Posted by di marco View Post
Quote Originally Posted by anna42hmr View Post
Quote Originally Posted by jelly belly View Post
Quote Originally Posted by anna42hmr View Post
another good trick if your hair is greasy and you dont have time to wash it, is to use talcum powder in your hair, put a bit in your hands, rub them together, then rub you hands over your hair, and then comb it through, as it dries the grease out and you cant see the talc in you hair at all
I heard they do that in hospital to people who are really ill and can't get out of bed. Does it work the same way as dry shampoo? I keep meaning to get some but it's expensive.

i have never used dry shampoo, but my mum did years ago, and reckons it is as good. i find it a godsend, especially if i dont have time to wash it before work, and it is cheap to as you can buy a bottle of talc for a quid, and you dont need much of it, i have had the same bottle of talc for several months now (300 g bottle) and there is still tonnes in it, give it a go, it is worth a try, at the end of the day, if using talc does not work for you what have you lost.

but i am sure it will, one of the girls at work suggested it to us months ago, and now a lot of us in the office use the trick, and everyone has said the talc dries the grease up,
i might sound really stupid, but whats this dry shampoo stuff? does it work the same as if you washed your hair with normal shampoo? would you use it alternatively with normal shampoo or could you use it instead of? not that im disgusting and dont want to wash my hair lol just that my hairs curly so i straighten my hair everytime i wash it which takes ages
Its just an alternative to normal shampoo. If you don't have time to wash your hair properly or are going camping or whatever you can use it instead. Its just like talc and you rub it in then brush it out. Its not recommended for every day use though. It works the same way as normal shampoo (I think, I've never actually used it).