Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shampoo for Greasy Hair

i haven't seen the l'oreal shampoo for greasy hair but i'll look out for it. at the moment i'm using dove for greasy hair, but unfortunately they don't sell it in england, along with the heerbal essences i occasionally use!

I use sunsilk shampoo "for hair that gets greasy too quickly." Works for upto 48hrs. Try alternating your shampoo so your hair doesn't get used to one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by anna42hmr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jelly belly View Post
    another good trick if your hair is greasy and you dont have time to wash it, is to use talcum powder in your hair, put a bit in your hands, rub them together, then rub you hands over your hair, and then comb it through, as it dries the grease out and you cant see the talc in you hair at all
    I heard they do that in hospital to people who are really ill and can't get out of bed. Does it work the same way as dry shampoo? I keep meaning to get some but it's expensive.

i have never used dry shampoo, but my mum did years ago, and reckons it is as good. i find it a godsend, especially if i dont have time to wash it before work, and it is cheap to as you can buy a bottle of talc for a quid, and you dont need much of it, i have had the same bottle of talc for several months now (300 g bottle) and there is still tonnes in it, give it a go, it is worth a try, at the end of the day, if using talc does not work for you what have you lost.

but i am sure it will, one of the girls at work suggested it to us months ago, and now a lot of us in the office use the trick, and everyone has said the talc dries the grease up,
    Strange question but do you use scented talc or just the normal stuff?
    I think I'll try it tomorrow thanks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

anna42hmr (05-05-2007)

yeah, i used to use that and i'll go back to it soon, but i went to germany and the water was different so it completely wrecked my hair (it went so dry it was unbelievable!!!)

another good trick if your hair is greasy and you dont have time to wash it, is to use talcum powder in your hair, put a bit in your hands, rub them together, then rub you hands over your hair, and then comb it through, as it dries the grease out and you cant see the talc in you hair at all
    I heard they do that in hospital to people who are really ill and can't get out of bed. Does it work the same way as dry shampoo? I keep meaning to get some but it's expensive.

i have never used dry shampoo, but my mum did years ago, and reckons it is as good. i find it a godsend, especially if i dont have time to wash it before work, and it is cheap to as you can buy a bottle of talc for a quid, and you dont need much of it, i have had the same bottle of talc for several months now (300 g bottle) and there is still tonnes in it, give it a go, it is worth a try, at the end of the day, if using talc does not work for you what have you lost.

but i am sure it will, one of the girls at work suggested it to us months ago, and now a lot of us in the office use the trick, and everyone has said the talc dries the grease up,
    Strange question but do you use scented talc or just the normal stuff?
    I think I'll try it tomorrow thanks

i have used both, but i prefer the non scented ones, as for some reason, my hair sometimes gets full of static with the scented ones, i am assuming it is something they use to scent them, i usually use either the johnsons baby powder one, or imperial leather talcs, (oh and a great thing about the johnsons ones, is that if you look around in boots and superdrug etc in the travel section, as well as the huge bottles, they also do ones of only 100g. which are great for taking on holiday with you or leaving in your desk at work (several of us at work have been known to use it in the work loos just before a night out)
    Last edited by anna42hmr; 05-05-2007 at 20:55.

Try alternating your shampoo so your hair doesn't get used to one thing.
    I did that once but it made things worse, it may just depend on your hair

i have used both, but i prefer the non scented ones, as for some reason, my hair sometimes gets full of static with the scented ones, i am assuming it is something they use to scent them, i usually use either the johnsons baby powder one, or imperial leather talcs, (oh and a great thing about the johnsons ones, is that if you look around in boots and superdrug etc in the travel section, as well as the huge bottles, they also do ones of only 100g. which are great for taking on holiday with you or leaving in your desk at work (several of us at work have been known to use it in the work loos just before a night out)
    Tried it this morning with scented talc. It kinda worked. It's not as greasy as it was when I got up and it's got better as the day has gone on. Smells better than greasy hair anyway Think I need a bit more practice.
    How much should I put on it and where? I have shoulder length hair.

Tried it this morning with scented talc. It kinda worked. It's not as greasy as it was when I got up and it's got better as the day has gone on. Smells better than greasy hair anyway Think I need a bit more practice.
    How much should I put on it and where? I have shoulder length hair.

i tend to put a small amount (aprox a tea spoon) on my hands, rub them together, and then rub my hands on the top of my hair by the roots, and rub over that area, as that is generally where it is greasiest for me, i then put about the same amount in my hand again, and then run it through the rest of my hair (i sometimes find it is a better effect if you have your head upside down and run it through the underneath of the hair as well, and although the talc is obvious at this time, i then use a brush or comb and comb it through so it is no longer obvious, once that is done i check to see if there is any where i have missed and put a tiny amount on that area and comb it through my hair.
    Last edited by anna42hmr; 06-05-2007 at 21:04.

Hey I did have the same problem up to two weeks ago I would wash my hair on the Wednesday and would have to wash it again Friday morning because my hair would get itchy and uncomfortable and greasy.

So now I am using a shampoo called Vosene and I am not using conditioner either it has no chemicals in it or it relaxes the hair i recommend it
    angelblue

A friend told me a few years ago that if you don't wash your hair for 10 days it starts to clean itself. Is this true?

Thread Information