Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Girl, 14, Hangs Self.

It was so sad. I just haven't thought about anything else all day. I feel kinda relieved now though, knowing she's at peace.

Thanks for your support guys, it's really appreciated.

R.I.P Ash, I hope you know how much you were loved.
    Thanks for the AMAZING banner Layneykins!

Thats what were here for, really glad it went ok for you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Katy For This Useful Post:

Amber (17-01-2007)

I can't believe what they said on the slip. I bet that some people just "expressed an interest," for the sake of getting a day off of school, rather than knowing Ashleigh for more than just someone that went to the school, and actually caring about her.

In a way it was good that they did it like that though, because she might of had some friends that weren't as close to her as you were, and could have ended up regretting not being able to say goodbye.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:

Amber (17-01-2007)

im sorry to hear about this amber, i cant imagine what youre going through. my sis friend died last year and she was really upset and even seeing her like that and being there for her, i couldnt even attempt to feel her she must have felt

Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    The funeral is tomorrow. I've never been to one before so I don't know what to expect. I've written her a card but I don't know what I'm going to do with it.

My school is pathetic. They're trying to make the funeral more about the school, than about Ash. I got a letter so that I could go to the funeral and on the slip at the bottom it said, "Your child has expressed an interest to attend the funeral of Ashleigh..." as if it's a school trip. I mean they could've put, "Your child would like to attend.."

Sorry if it sounds stupid. I'm just really not in a good mood at the moment.
    thats what my sisters school were like. they said that unless parents could take them only the people in my sis class could go (even though her friend had good friends in other classes too). also they took them all on a coach like a school trip and made them go to lessons before and afterwards. also, and this is something that really disgusted me, my sis class had a collection and they managed to bring in about £200 between them to buy some nice flowers for the funeral, the school didnt pay any money into it and instead of sending a separate bunch of flowers from the school, they said the flowers my sis class had paid for were from the school!

hope the funeral was ok, im thinking of you
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to di marco For This Useful Post:

Amber (17-01-2007)

amber im really sorry to here about your friend and i want to let you know that i feel your pain,when i was 11 my class mate and friend was hit by a car and he died instantly, when i was 18 my other classmate killed himself by hanging and last year my best friend she was 25 was killed by her ex boyfriend leaving her 8 year old son to be brought up with her mother, so i know how it feels to lose a friend and if you ever need to talk im here
    Last edited by *-Rooney-*; 17-01-2007 at 19:44.
    Maisie Mouse

9. The Following User Says Thank You to *-Rooney-* For This Useful Post:

Amber (17-01-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by shaza View Post
    amber im really sorry to here about your friend and i want to let you know that i feel your pain,when i was 11 my class mate and friend was hit by a car and he died instantly, when i was 18 my other classmate killed himself by hanging and last year my best friend she was 25 was killed by her ex boyfriend leaving her 8 year old son to be brought up with her mother, so i know how it feels to lose a friend and if you ever need to talk im here
    Thanks Shaza. It must've been awful for you.

I haven't been on for a long time due to college and life stuff but I thought I should say that it's Ashleigh's 15th Birthday tomorrow. [It's sad that you aren't here to celebrate it with one of your massive parties to let everyone know you're another year older]

It feels like the world stopped just for a while and then fast-forwarded to today. Everyone seems to have just forgotten about it... That probably makes no sense but nevermind.

It does make sense amber, I know what you mean, not in the exact way but I do know what you mean

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Abbie For This Useful Post:

Amber (15-10-2007)

One of the sadest feelings about loosing a friend or loved one is that the world keeps revolving and life still goes on. It is going to be hard for Ashleigh's friends and family but believe me it does get easier. You never get over the grief of loosing someone close and so young but you learn to cope with it. Just remember Ashleigh wouldn't want anyone to be upset she would want happy memories for you all.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

Amber (15-10-2007)

I've just been reading through this thread again and I'm in tears now. My friend died suddenly three days after Christmas last year and his 16th birthday was two weeks after. It was so hard knowing and thinking that he should have been here for his birthday rather than being buried a few days before (there had to be a post mortem).

I think its harder losing a friend/relative so young in their lives when they have got so much to live for and to look forward to. I don't mean any disrespect to anybody in saying that, I know all berevements are hard.

Try to do something fun tomorrow, something that she would have loved to do. It may be hard but Ashleigh would have wanted you to make the most of her birthday, with or without her.
    Thanks CrazyLea

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

Amber (16-10-2007)

Thread Information