Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 stupid things to get for a child

10 stupid things to get for a child

My pregnant friend sent me this.. I though some were bizare!!

http://www.shiveredsky.blogspot.com/...ducts-for.html
    Super Mod

woah, some of them are really weird.

Yeah, like that baby keeper. It looks like they've actually been hung, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    My pregnant friend sent me this.. I though some were bizare!!

http://www.shiveredsky.blogspot.com/...ducts-for.html
    I think we'll blame it on her hormones. Obviously an American site. The sad thing about this is some folk will actually buy this crap
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Ok - I am going to say here, that I have had baby reins, and I remember my photo being taken in them aswell when I was a baby. The baby bucket - a number of my friends (not me) have them and think they are fantastic especially for newborns - they are kept at Maternity Hospitals too and they demonstrate how to bathe your baby in them.

Subliminal learning cd - so am I pathetic / daft / stupid or whatever for playing both of my oldest children abc, 123 etc tapes when they were going to sleep when they were younger and now both of them are 2-3 years ahead of their age group in their abilities?? I'm not forcing them into anything, and at the end of the day - children will always take the paths that they want to take. You can't force anyone to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJo View Post

Subliminal learning cd - so am I pathetic / daft / stupid or whatever for playing both of my oldest children abc, 123 etc tapes when they were going to sleep when they were younger and now both of them are 2-3 years ahead of their age group in their abilities?? I'm not forcing them into anything, and at the end of the day - children will always take the paths that they want to take. You can't force anyone to do anything.
    I think the CDs are more that just ABC, 123 tapes.. it is subliminal messages so it would be nice music with other stuff chucked in.. I read all the time to my kids and like your, they are ahead of their age groups.. Charley is in 2 year at school and she is only gone 5 since sept.. everyone in her class is 6 and 7...

I do think sticking a baby in a bucket is a bit mad!! As for baby reigns, there is better thing out there that doesn't look like, as the guy said, a leash. you can get the new hand straps that keep your kids with you but it doesn't look like you are taking them for a walk
    Super Mod

My friend who has a little tyke for a 2 year old - put on the wrist strap and she manages to take it off - so in that respect, its far better to have something like that on them, than to chance them running off / getting run over etc.

The bucket thing, I find strange, but apparently for a newborn, it imitates being in the womb still and is extremely calming for them, they feel safer and secure apparently.

I think the dummy is hilarious though - I wouldn't buy one thats for sure, but cracked me up when I saw it

I think the dummy is hilarious though - I wouldn't buy one thats for sure, but cracked me up when I saw it
    that and the toopee .. my boyfriend was saying to get the sling and it can be use as an alternative to the naughty step
    Super Mod

that and the toopee .. my boyfriend was saying to get the sling and it can be use as an alternative to the naughty step
    A friend of mine *coughdebscough* said about putting the toupee with the dummy!!! I'd be laughing for weeks with that sight!!

Can you imagine hanging them over the toilet door though - or you could put hooks on the door frame and turn it into a swing!!

A friend of mine *coughdebscough* said about putting the toupee with the dummy!!! I'd be laughing for weeks with that sight!!

Can you imagine hanging them over the toilet door though - or you could put hooks on the door frame and turn it into a swing!!
    DEBS!! I am shocked!! put that on a baby just so you can have a laugh!! you would scar the kid for life
    Super Mod

Thread Information