Thread: Dev's new love interest?

Dev's new love interest?

Corrie's corner shop owner Dev Alahan is to find love again in the form of new character Jodie Morton.

Jodie is to be played by 32-year-old Samantha Seager and will be the Street's new takeaway owner. Samantha's appeared in popular shows such as Where The Heart Is, Little Britain and Casualty

Meanwhile, only one other family member has been cast to date - Grandad Morton. He will be played by Rodney Litchfield who has, like Samantha, has had a stint in ongoing BBC medical drama Casualty, Doctors, Channel 4's Shameless and the seemingly-never-ending Heartbeat.

Reports suggest that there are brothers and sisters to follow. Casting for the father of the clan has yet to be announced but there's a hell of a lot of speculation around former Brookie actor Mickey Starke.

Souce - Digital Spy

Sorry if posted elsewhere..

This is really good news! I am glad that Dev has found someone else to be happy with again. It was heartbreaking when Sunita left him, so i am glad this new woman will arrive on the scene and offer him some happiness again!

Yeah I thought that, also Dev seems to be fading out alot recently, so it's good that there'll be a storyline reguarding him, I quite like his character.

hey i wonder what Amber will think about Dev having a new woman?

Lol, well what ever she thinks about it she'll be up front about it and tell him, make great viewing anyway.

Here was me thinking that Carla Connor and Dev would have a fling (Still might you never know!)

I have read this article on the ITv site and it does actually say that Mickey Starke (Sinbad) has been cast as the father. It also says that the Grandad and Jodie will be the first to appear followed by brothers, Sisters and dad (Mickey).

Just had a thought maybe it will be Diggory's old place as it was briefly mentioned the other night about Charlie doing a revamp over there, bet it will be. Can see lots of takeouts on the street coming up, espec by the Connors

Really glad that Mickey Starke is joining Corrie as he is great. Looking forward to another new family joining who also sound as though they may liven things up on the street along of course with the recent addition of the wonderful Connors.

A Very Sexy and Brilliant Actor

I forgot dev existed until I was watching east is east the other night and thought "oh yeah that blokes in corrie too". It's about time he had a story line that didn't involve him pining.

Thread Information