Page 164 of 184 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1839

Thread: Current Episode Discussion VI

just caught up with this week's episodes, and wow how amazing was Tuesday nights one!? Full of tension and high drama! Shocked at the Vic Raid, then sad at Honey's baby not breathing!

Anyone who phoned up and complained about the violence needs to get a life, honestly. It was tame.

Sunderland, Tyne And Wear, United Kingdom
    I thought it was right to show the violence

After all Soaps are meant to be based on real life problems and happenings. Eastenders being in the East End of London has problems with gang crime and i think it shows youths that watch the show that they shouldn't get involved

All credit to the BBC

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wizardardo For This Useful Post:

Bryan (21-11-2007)

I agree that Peter has a right to know the truth and am glad Jane told him.
    I do not believe that Steven is putting an an act - not now. You can lie once, twice, thrice but not continuously - you would slip up at some point or another and he is close to Pat. Lying to someone that close - nobody could do it and Steven's no psychopath. Even when he was messed up, he still had love in him - at least for the twins and Pat and seemed to respect and have a small crush on Jane. Steven is clearly not fully well but the clinic has definitely made him a bit better. What he did - it was wrong. Nobody can deny it. It was sick to stalk Ian and lock him up and then live with his family knowing what he did to Ian but I could see on both Friday 12th and Monday 15th that he was not evil. It was eating him up knowing what he did to Ian while seeing the family go through worry.

He is close to his half sister Lucy and put the gun down so as not to scare her, assuring her he wasn't trying to get at her. Her showed concern for lucy's welfare when he said it wasn't safe outside. I can't blame Jane for believing it was another act - she doesn't know Steven that well, he is a stranger to her and i can't blame Ian for trying to protect Jane but I wish he hadn't thrown him around like a rag doll or treated him like a dog - "up up up". I think he ought to have given Ian and Jane space despite being desperate to apologise - it was too soon like Pat said and you have to build/earn trust. They can't welcome him back with open arms after what he did but if he eally proves he repents his actions I hope, I am sure he will be accepted back again eventuially though it'll take time.

He is still Lucy and peter's half brother whatever he has done and the shooting of Jane was so accidetal - he was trying to kill himself and the gun went off wile all four were struggling with it. I am glad pat gave him a home. That is what he needs. He also needs to feel belonged. It would be a good idea for him to stay away from Ian and family at least for a while but he has every right to live with his gran. If anyone's to blame for the way he turned out it is Simon. Ian's right. Simon is a selfish, self centred, lazy, irresponsible pathetic excuse for a man and it is his neglect of Steven that caused Steven to become ill and deluded. Steven would never have done all that if he had not been ill. He was shaking the very day he returned to the square and Ian saw he needed help in the car though i can hardly blame him for his anger and scepticism which was only natural.

I don't believe Steven lied to Pat - Pat agreed that Simon as a bit distant on the phone and its perfectly plausible that he's weak enough to be under his girlfriend's thumb. I can't believe Steven slept on that bench - it must have been freezing, it's November. He sgouldn't have thrown away his medication though - that was stupid. I know taking meds is a pain but going off them wasn't the answer. I really hope Lucy tells Peter everything and he forgives Steven and Steven has a right to know about Jane's womb being removed - then he will understand exactly why Ian and Jane hate him just so much.
    Last edited by Lizzie Brookes; 19-11-2007 at 19:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJodi View Post

Good for Jane and for her telling the truth about her " appendix" I find Steven to be a sniveling little toerag,, hes a smooth MANIPULATIVE little shxx. PAT is going to regret taking the kid in eventually...
    That is how I think of Steven.. Love the guy who plays him, he is doing a great job but I can't help to think that Steven is all an act!!!!

Yes I agree too about Steven. He knows exactly how to extract maximum sympathy from Pat and is doing it well. I think he honestly thought a simple apology would undo the damage he's done with Ian and Jane as well.

I hope that eventually the whole Square find out what he's done.
    Totally agree with you guys. JJ - a fantastic description!!!

I hope the whole square finds out what he has done, though looking at the spoilers, they are going to work out pretty quickly, I hope, that he is rather unhinged!

Apart from that it has been an interesting old week on EE. I agree with BB about if being full of tension and high drama . EE is definitely on the up, in my opinion!

Just waiting for the whole nasty Stax affair to come out, and finally be behind us!!!

Thanking the fabulous TAbbie, for the banner!

With the video camera my guess is that they'll get their own suitcase back in a few weeks time just before xmas and instead of watching the video straight away they decide to save it for xmas day and maybe ask Peggy if they can all watch it in the vic hahaha oh god i cant wait. lol this aint a spoiler btw, just a guess!
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

I wish Steven hadn't lied to Peggy about his age but I hate Ian's smug smirk - he really has to act like a pathetic little weasel all over again. He must have really enjoyed sticking the knife in. Two wrongs don't make a right. Ian should just have ignored him. It isn't fair to tell Steven that he would tell tles on him to every single employer so that he won't get a hjob. I know Steven shouldn't have done all that to Ian and can't condone his behaviour and i understand he was sick at the time but that doesn't mean Ian needs to make life difficult for Steven just because Steven did it to him. What's the point? I know Steven waved to Peter but he doesn't know Peter knows about the shooting and he couldn't just ignore his half brother. I'm glad Pat got him the marlket stall job. He's still not fully well but I don't believe he would ever harm anyone intentionally. It's a shame Bradley lost his job and that Stacey misunderstood and gave the signed contract to Mrs Patel. Can't wait for tomorrow. By the way what did Steven say to Pat about the internet? I didn't understand it.
    Last edited by Lizzie Brookes; 19-11-2007 at 20:55.

I don't think Pat feels comfortable around Steven at all. She's putting on a front infront of Ian but she certainly doesn't seem at ease to me. In the betting office when Steven said that he's not mad, Pat's face said it all. She clearly still thinks he is or at least not the full ticket. There must be some fallout re him stopping his medication. Steven just seems to think he is completely OK now and snaps and acts petulantly whenever he doesn't get what he wants.

Re Ian telling Peggy Steven was too young to be working in the pub I don't see what the fuss is about there. Of course Ian doesn't want to be seeing Steven several times a day after what he's done to his family. I can completely understand him wanting to make things as uncomfortable for Steven as possible in the hope that he moves on somewhere else. I wouldn't want my kids having anything to do with someone like him.

It was good to see Stacey looking happy for almost a full episode! Obviously, it couldn't last. And where is Ben? Has Phil brought him back with him?

Pat is looking out for him and giving him a home because he is her grandson whatever he has done and she still loves him. I agree that she may not feel fully comfortable around him. I would feel a bit awkward after everything that has happened but I'd still be more trusting of him than Jane or Ian. Fair enough if Ian and Jane never want to see him again - not surprisiong after what he did though the gunshot was accidental but Ian has no right to keep Pater and Lucy away from him. Lucy still seems to trust him seeing she went to meet him in the cafe on her own and I don't believe he would everhurt anyone in a violent way least of all his nan or half brother and sister. Also Ian cannot stop him living in Walford. I am sure Steven would have the sense not to go near the cafe or the house after what happened last Monday and ian has every right to ban him from the house and cafe but Ian doesn't own Walford and Steven has nowhere else to go. I can't wait to see Steven's first day on the stall tonight.

I still don't understand this whole Phil "owns" Jase thing. So what if he did go to the police? Jase wasn't responsible for the violence in the Vic. He wasn't even there when they all broke in and smashed the place up. They actually came looking for him because he had told them he was giving up the violence. Why doesn't he tell Phil to s** off? What could the police arrest him for?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (20-11-2007)

Sunderland, Tyne And Wear, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    I still don't understand this whole Phil "owns" Jase thing. So what if he did go to the police? Jase wasn't responsible for the violence in the Vic. He wasn't even there when they all broke in and smashed the place up. They actually came looking for him because he had told them he was giving up the violence. Why doesn't he tell Phil to s** off? What could the police arrest him for?
    I don't think Jase is worried about the police it's Phil's reputation that has him scared

If Jase hadn't got into all of this in the first place then they wouldn't have came looking for him and to be fair when he did sort it out he did it in his pub

Thread Information