Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty

Quote Originally Posted by pookie1968uk View Post
    not sure i agree whith the implication behind the programme, if you have glasses and braces youre ugly, is that it. my daughter wears glasses and at the moment has braces so it tells her that she is ugly which does nothing for a girls self esteem!
    I know I was thinking I have braces, and I wear glasses now and then when I cant be bothered to wear my contact lesnes, however I think the other part of Ugly Betty is what she wears.

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    I think you are right there Abbie - I think it isn't to do with her braces and glasses, but more with the clothes that she wears considering she is now working at a fashion magazine, at least, thats the way I see it.

Yep I think thats the point wiht it being a fashion work place show, and condsidering what she thinks is stylish.

Interesting show tonight, seems thats there is more to the show if that makes any sense.

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Looks like some interesting twists along the way....

Obviously the shrouded woman is the one that supposedly died in her burnt out car (I'm thinking)

Quote Originally Posted by JoJo View Post
    Looks like some interesting twists along the way....

Obviously the shrouded woman is the one that supposedly died in her burnt out car (I'm thinking)
    yes, thats what I thought as soon as we saw that clip on the Tv on Fashion TV

Yeah i really enjoyed it yet again. I think it's great how you get to see how people in the fashion world live, Betty and her friends there are completly different to all the other girls there. But she can still come up with some great idea, can't wait for next week .

I have to say, I enjoyed it too but I am not sure if it is going to be the same everyweek.. she does something stupid, quits before she is fired but they need her and what she did was great so they ask her back... I hope it is not like that every week..
    I like the difference between the "fashion" people and the people who work in the back ground..
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I have to say, I enjoyed it too but I am not sure if it is going to be the same everyweek.. she does something stupid, quits before she is fired but they need her and what she did was great so they ask her back... I hope it is not like that every week..
    I like the difference between the "fashion" people and the people who work in the back ground..
    I know i hope its not going to be the same every week, but its been a hit america maybe it wont. Plus it looks funny next week.

Did anyone else see America Ferrera pick up her golden globe award?

how pretty is she!!!

Thread Information