Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty

Ugly Betty

Anyone watched this yesterday? Channel 4, 9.30pm - 10.30pm?

Well I wasn't planning to watch this so I only started watching this at 10pm..(After I got bored ) Even though the ad. seemed pretty good.. In the end I did watch half of it and it was really good.. I think I will be watching this..

I think it's on, on Friday's so even better..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to .:SpIcYsPy:. For This Useful Post:

Luna (06-01-2007)

Yeah i recorded it was was ITV when that was on, so just caught up with it now, it was pretty good, it felt like a film though the way it was shown but after seeing whats going to happen next week you can tell it's an american drama, looking forward to seeing more.

I watched this and was suprised by it.. I liked it but I didn't think it was a "sensational" comedy as the ads all said
    Super Mod

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Paul and I caught the T4 edition yesterday and thought it was great! Its now on our sky + reminder for friday. I thought it a bit like The Devil Wears Prada although, Betty hasn't undergone any fashion transplant yet. I wouldn't say sensational either Siobhan, but I think I would say, enjoyable and easy to watch.

I loved it, I watched it on friday and just thought it was so funny, even the little things I found my self in fits, and next week looks funny too lol.

I just watched the episode I taped and I thought it was awesome. It was funny but it had some nice sweet touchs...though saying that you can sort of see where it'll head...no harm in that though.
    Last edited by babyblue; 08-01-2007 at 20:09.

I know she you kind can tell tell that with a makeover she is going to look fine, well thats what i think.

not sure i agree whith the implication behind the programme, if you have glasses and braces youre ugly, is that it. my daughter wears glasses and at the moment has braces so it tells her that she is ugly which does nothing for a girls self esteem!
    POOKIE

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pookie1968uk For This Useful Post:

Abbie (10-01-2007)

watched this last night was it supposed to have the same plot as The Devil wears Prada or was that just me???

It was ok hope it gets better next week though or i'll loose interest

yeah I read that is was based on or inspired by the devil wears prada.

As for the implications of ugly I totally agree with you. Then one day she'll lose the braces, the glasses and then she'll be "hot". Is the girl wearing a chubby suit under her clothes? That's another way they "uglify" people.
    Last edited by babyblue; 10-01-2007 at 21:34.

Thread Information