View Poll Results: Is Music Going Downhill?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 65.22%
  • No

8 34.78%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Music Going Downhill?

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    I have thats what i call number ones.

I tink it is going downhill but its all what you want to listen to. Ill have Radio 1 on sometimes as background noise, but i prefer listening to older CDs, Im into traditional music at the minute as well as i have a new whistle so i am trying to learn some new tunes by listening to my dads CDs of Mike McGoldrick, Jackie Daly, CTL and other people who play music. I also dont mind listening to new classical music by new composers.

I am quite pleased with my music taste as it is quite broad. So if i dont like pop for the day, ill did out another genres.
    I have quite a wide taste in music, i prefere oldies like Frank Sinatra i am also quite fond of alot of country music, im into people such as the capenters, Cindi Lauper, Michael Jackson, Spandau Ballet and other people like that but then i also like a couple of songs by Rihanna some by Avril Lavigne (sp) but i cant buy albums now unless it has a wide range of different music on (like the now number ones cos it has 3 different eras of music on) and actually like every song thats on it

Sig dedicated to Charley

yeah exactly theres no point in me buying CDs either as i only like about 1/4 of thetracks at that. I also find alot of music samey now. THeres only room for one Oasis, no one else can be them.

The only Cds ill buy now are albums of my favourite favourite artists. And ionly have two of them, westlife and Take That. I could listen to them all day. Im also into Irish traditional music and Folk tunes, so i have CDs by Heidi Talbot which ill listen to.

Compilations are a definalte no no for me now though. As i dont like the majority of the tracks. s

mainstream music maybe. The music industry tends to find a successful formula and stick to it till they kill it. There was the huge surgance of nu metal, then it was hip/hop, now it's those all the same indie rocker emo boys. It leaves little room for diversity but there are great and original artists out there. There will always be good music you just might not hear it in the mainstream media so often.

i have to agree, everything you have said there is spot on. When a hit comes out, all of a sudden theres a rush of people with simular music.

I reckon the introduction of the internet will have a big influence on music like i said in my previous post.

I voted for YES but i wouldn't say it was totally bad, i mean there are still quite a few good and decent bands around, what about Keane, they are awesome and even more so live.

I'm not sure really. I think in some ways it has as the 80's were the best era for music (or so i've heard anyway). But you do still regularly hear some great tracks every so often, mostly from bands like Snow Patrol, Razorlight, Oasis, The Feeling, etc. I do think club music has gone downhill though. I mean it's still good but most of it today isn't in the same league as bands like Underworld, The Original, Daft Punk, etc. There's too many wannabe bands around today.. that's what I think anyway.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

But you do still regularly hear some great tracks every so often, mostly from bands like Snow Patrol, Razorlight, Oasis, The Feeling, etc.
    I think the best music these days comes from indie bands like these. All of the bands are original, they haven't been put together on a reality show and they don't do covers. Perfect combination. Except The Feeling (I think, may be wrong), the rest have been around for years.

To be honest Im 50/50 on this one, its like in some cases yes as I hate it when a 'dance' song gets in the charts, do you know the ones i mean? I just cant stand them with all their remixs, but on the other hand there are some realll good songs that come out.

Thread Information