Thread: Gluten Intolerance in Infants

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**

Gluten Intolerance in Infants

I need some tips if anyone has them please...

Little Liam, my youngest, has taken it upon himself to be intolerant to gluten and whilst we are waiting for our hospital referral, our HV has told us we have to exclude all gluten from his diet, which we have managed to do for the past couple of days and are already noticing an improvement in him.

The only problem is that I'm having to make every meal for him from scratch (apart from breakfast), and I want to ensure a varied diet for him, not just always having the same things each day.

Going round Morrisons today, I even discovered that Dairylea Tri Bites have wheat starch in them, so I'm not able to give him those anymore either apparently!

So, any ideas on receipes, snacks, food etc that I can give him, whilst waiting for the New Year to ring in?? He loved his cod, mash and home made cheese sauce for tea, but I think after a few days, he'd get fed up of that and its not exactly balanced, constantly giving him the same food each day.

Any ideas/help would be appreciated.

It might cost a little bit more but try the organic section of the supermarkets they oftern have an area wit orgaic sauces e.t.c with the guletn free stuff located nearby- like a diarty setion. theres also a make which make load of normal foods just without the gluten they can be founf in asdas freezers. If all else fails try the health food shops

So far I've managed to find the gluten free ranges in the supermarkets, the non frozen stuff, but that all seems to be cakes and crispbreads which I don't particularly want to be feeding him yet....haven't checked out the frozen aisles yet though - I'll have a gander in Asda soon as then.

Yeh our asda has a whole range of gluten fee frozen stuff.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cornishbabe For This Useful Post:

Jojo (30-12-2006)

my sis friend is allegeric to gluten and she had to buy her bread and stuff from a special shop, though it was really expensive. im not sure what it was called though or if it was just a local shop or whether theres a chain of them. otherwise im not sure what to suggest, i remember how difficult my mum found it at my sis party cos everything she was going to cook contained gluten. hmmmmm this post is probably not helpful in the slightest lol! sorry i couldnt be anymore help!
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

tesco has that FreeFrom range that includes Gluten-free stuff. just as an extra though, i know its not everyday food, but i work in Thorntons and it says on the back of all our stock whether it contains gluten or not. just for the odd treat and similar, i tmight be worth checking it out.

im gluten intolerant. i find dieterary specials is the best to be honest - the tastiest!lol and particular questions go ahead and ask...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazy Gal 88 For This Useful Post:

Jojo (31-12-2006)

I shall be asking many I think Crazy Gal - will wait till not 11pm though lol and a more "normal" hour!!

Try your local health food shop. I know mine stocks lactose free products so I recon they will stock gluten free products too.

Quote Originally Posted by jelly_belly View Post
    Try your local health food shop. I know mine stocks lactose free products so I recon they will stock gluten free products too.
    yeh i was going to suggest maybe trying holland and barretts or somewhere like that?
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Thread Information